What Should I choose for my career, as my aim in life?

• Other
  • Thread starter M. M. Fahad Joy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Career Life
In summary: Knowing what would be your profession is not easy and maybe not possible to say. If you choose to earn a degree in Physics, and without a graduate degree, maybe you might become any of several things in a career. Some of them become engineers. Some become various kinds of technicians. Depending on other courses taken and experiences, some become computer programmers.
M. M. Fahad Joy
To become successful in life, I must choose a definite aim of my life. But what proffession should I choose?

Physics news on Phys.org
Choose the one that you feel will make you the most happy. No sense in becoming a petro-chemical engineer making big bucks, if you dislike chemistry or travel to parts unknown. You'd be miserable.

Likes M. M. Fahad Joy
PhanthomJay said:
Choose the one that you feel will make you the most happy. No sense in becoming a petro-chemical engineer making big bucks, if you dislike chemistry or travel to parts unknown. You'd be miserable.
I prefer Mathematics. But my family doesn't support this.

What is it that you like about Maths and what do you envision doing with this knowledge?

Likes M. M. Fahad Joy
Give some focus to your question. What do YOU want to study, learn, become; and what do your PARENTS want you to study, learn, and become?

Next, how have you prepared for either of those up to now?

Likes M. M. Fahad Joy
symbolipoint said:
Give some focus to your question. What do YOU want to study, learn, become; and what do your PARENTS want you to study, learn, and become?

Next, how have you prepared for either of those up to now?
I think I should choose the exact proffession which is easy to me. As A science student, I have Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Higher Math. Among them Physics, Chemistry and Higher Math is easy to me. But Biology is difficult to me. Which is meeded to be a doctor. So, I am agreed to go with any subject without Biology.

PhanthomJay said:
What is it that you like about Maths and what do you envision doing with this knowledge?
Math seems to easier than any other subject to me.

You want to choose something which heavily relies on Mathematics. This could be to choose major field as Mathematics for at least an undergraduate degree, but you need o include other courses. If things go well, maybe move on for a graduate degree in Mathematics, but still, include other courses (from Sciences or Engineering or Computer Science) so you are able to find a job other than "Mathematician".

Maybe you want to switch how your courses are chosen - Major field in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Chemistry, but enroll in more Math courses than the program requires; not necessarily to any undergrad Math degree. Maybe something like minor concentration in Math but some other major field.

Likes M. M. Fahad Joy
Can earn good money in some branches of Engineering such as Electronics or Computer Science

Likes M. M. Fahad Joy
CWatters said:
Can earn good money in some branches of Engineering such as Electronics or Computer Science
Thanks. But as my brother is studying in Computer Science and Engineering , I can't choose it.

symbolipoint said:
You want to choose something which heavily relies on Mathematics. This could be to choose major field as Mathematics for at least an undergraduate degree, but you need o include other courses. If things go well, maybe move on for a graduate degree in Mathematics, but still, include other courses (from Sciences or Engineering or Computer Science) so you are able to find a job other than "Mathematician".

Maybe you want to switch how your courses are chosen - Major field in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Chemistry, but enroll in more Math courses than the program requires; not necessarily to any undergrad Math degree. Maybe something like minor concentration in Math but some other major field.
Thanks. You have opened my eyes. Would you tell me whatever will my proffession if I go with Physics or Chemistry?

M. M. Fahad Joy said:
Thanks. But as my brother is studying in Computer Science and Engineering , I can't choose it.
The choice your brother makes should be no logical reason to limit the choices that you can make. You do your best thinking and make the choice which you believe is best for yourself.

Likes M. M. Fahad Joy
M. M. Fahad Joy said:
I think I should choose the exact proffession which is easy to me. As A science student, I have Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Higher Math. Among them Physics, Chemistry and Higher Math is easy to me. But Biology is difficult to me. Which is meeded to be a doctor. So, I am agreed to go with any subject without Biology.
M. M. Fahad Joy said:
Thanks. You have opened my eyes. Would you tell me whatever will my proffession if I go with Physics or Chemistry?
Knowing what would be your profession is not easy and maybe not possible to say. If you choose to earn a degree in Physics, and without a graduate degree, maybe you might become any of several things in a career. Some of them become engineers. Some become various kinds of technicians. Depending on other courses taken and experiences, some become computer programmers. If you choose to earn an undergraduate degree in Chemistry, you may find positions as a chemist; and maybe work as analytical chemist for environmental analysis, or synthesis chemist, or formulation research & development to help designing blended products of so many different types; or depending on experiences and other courses taken, something else either more or less related to Chemistry.

Likes M. M. Fahad Joy
It seems like your parents don't want you to be a mathematician, and apparently not an engineer because your brother is studying for that profession? Is this correct? What do they want you to be? Maybe you can strike common ground.

Likes M. M. Fahad Joy

1. What factors should I consider when choosing a career?

There are several important factors to consider when choosing a career, including your skills, interests, values, and lifestyle preferences. It's helpful to reflect on your strengths and weaknesses, as well as what brings you fulfillment and satisfaction. It's also important to research job market trends and potential salary and growth opportunities in your desired field.

2. How do I determine my ultimate goal or aim in life?

Determining your ultimate goal or aim in life can be a daunting task, but it's important to take the time to reflect on your passions and values. Consider what you want to achieve, both personally and professionally, and what legacy you want to leave behind. It's also helpful to seek guidance from mentors, friends, and family who know you well and can offer valuable insights.

3. Should I choose a career based on salary or passion?

This is a common dilemma for many individuals, and there is no one-size-fits-all answer. It's important to strike a balance between financial stability and personal fulfillment. Consider finding a career that aligns with your passions and interests, but also offers a competitive salary and room for growth. Remember, you can always find ways to pursue your passions outside of work as well.

4. How do I make a career change?

Making a career change can be a challenging process, but it's not impossible. Start by identifying your transferable skills and researching potential industries or job roles that align with your interests and goals. Consider networking and reaching out to professionals in your desired field for advice and guidance. It's also important to have a clear plan and timeline in place to make a smooth transition.

5. What if I'm still unsure about my career path?

It's completely normal to feel uncertain about your career path, and it's okay to take time to figure it out. Consider exploring different industries and job roles through internships, job shadowing, or volunteer work. You can also seek guidance from career counselors or take career assessment tests to gain more clarity. Remember, your career journey is a process and it's okay to make changes along the way.