What Surprising Twists Have Shaped Your Life Journey?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
14 replies · 3K views
Loren Booda
Messages
3,115
Reaction score
4
What is the greatest surprise which life has dealt you?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The times I didn't die (or survived with minimal injury) and the time when my youngest brother died from leukemia.
 
That being a mom is so much fun.
 
That I never misplaced my children.
 
Evo said:
That I never misplaced my children.

:smile:

I'm not sure. Lots of things have turned out differently than I expected, though usually have turned out well. I just don't know which is most surprising.
 
Was it love or was it mania? Probably both. I wish it on desirers and doubters. And yes, lightning can strike twice, even if not in the same place.
 
haven't seen much out of ordinary in my (21-year) journey yet
 
Is it "unexpected" that I'm not dead already (despite engaging in risky activities)? It's hard to say, since I'm still here to respond...

White-water kayaking, technical rock climbing with no previous training, extreme skiing in Maine with too many sessions on on "boilerplate" made of man-made snow, too many sessions of "pushing the envelope" with motorcycles... I could have died dozens of times, but held on. I'll probably get hit by a pulp-truck tomorrow. I hope Duke is OK.
 
Last edited:
turbo said:
White-water kayaking, technical rock climbing with no previous training, extreme skiing in Maine with too many sessions on on "boilerplate" made of man-made snow, too many sessions of "pushing the envelope" with motorcycles... I could have died dozens of times, but held on. I'll probably get hit by a pulp-truck tomorrow. I hope Duke is OK.

rock on :)
 
khemist said:
life itself

Couldn't have said it better myself :)
 
now that's a tough one.

i hope you found some support.
.........
on a happier note,

Joy to the world..

Brosse_Nice_Poster_1910-1.jpg