What time in the morning do you get up?

• Thread starter Rach3
  • Start date

local time, of course

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I typically get up, not necessarily willingly, about 25 seconds after my old dog does. And that occurs between dawn and sunrise year round. It is hard to sleep with a cold nose in my ear.

WarPhalange
I get up around 7. Get out of bed around 9. I don't worry 'bout nothing no, cuz worry's a waste of my

time.

For the past few weeks I have been going to bed around 2-3am, and waking up between 9-10am. This will change dramatically, though, in the next few weeks when I start working.

As far as I'm concerned, the sound of birds chirping is nature's lullaby ... I'm an afternoon/night person. The way I see it, people who wake up early may get more sun time, but miss out on night time, which has its own thing going for it.

Once school starts I'll have to go back to waking up early... bleeeh, that's the only thing I'm not looking forward to.

6am, water helps the rest of me wake up.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
As far as I'm concerned, the sound of birds chirping is nature's lullaby ... I'm an afternoon/night person. The way I see it, people who wake up early may get more sun time, but miss out on night time, which has its own thing going for it.

Once school starts I'll have to go back to waking up early... bleeeh, that's the only thing I'm not looking forward to.
I prefer crickets chirping. :biggrin: Nothing more soothing than sitting outside on a warm summer's evening when everyone else has retreated indoors for the night and everything is peaceful and quiet and just the sounds of nature...crickets, tree leaves rustling in the wind, etc.

during the week I go to bed at 0200-0300 and wake up at 0900

on weekends I go to bed at 0400 and wake up at 1500

I prefer crickets chirping. :biggrin: Nothing more soothing than sitting outside on a warm summer's evening when everyone else has retreated indoors for the night and everything is peaceful and quiet and just the sounds of nature...crickets, tree leaves rustling in the wind, etc.
haha this reminds me of last year... my dad loves the sound of crickets too, but we don't have many in our neighborhood, so he went to the store (I'm guessing a fishing store) and brought home a boxfull of crickets and released them in our backyard... anyay, now all the neighbor's yards are full of crickes; aparently crickets don't understand the concept of fences :rofl:

Beautifully said! I'm a nocturnal creature myself. The night time is my daytime. The morning is for sleep. I get to watch some beautiful sunrises before I fall asleep too.

Evo
Mentor
I would never get up before noon if I had a choice. I am NOT a morning person.

Early morning 5 am, is the only time you can enter the sidewalk off our midtown building front steps whether you happen to be walking with or without insurance. I like going to the corner and looking up at "the tower" (Empire State Building) just a couple of blocks uptown. And there, ...there on 5th Ave with the fruit man setting up his stand and the store owners sweeping the sidewalks before a busy day is the most peaceful time of the day. By about 6:30 am I'm locked in the apartment.... unless of course I have shopping in which case NOTHING fazes me when I am shopping! My dear husband gets up at 3am from his working days building nuclear power plants.

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
12-1 pm

<tex limited >
Currently, this is the time I also wake up at.

During school, I wake up at 9am.

This is all because bars here in Quebec will be open until 3:30am as compared to 1:30-2am in Ontario. It really throws me off my schedule.

Note: I prefer waking up at 8:30-9am, which I do during school naturally. I never use alarm clocks. If I have class at 8am, I don't go.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
I would never get up before noon if I had a choice. I am NOT a morning person.
You mentioned this, 25 posts and 2 years ago. Did you try to vote again? :rofl:

My sleeping is so bad I had to shift my classes for the summer after 12:00. I wake up around 10-11 because I tend to work my best around 01:00-03:00.

I think my sleeping is permanently borked just like Ivan.

This causes me to sporadically nap during the afternoon for possibly 1-2 hours. It may not happen all the time though.

Evo
Mentor
You mentioned this, 25 posts and 2 years ago. Did you try to vote again? :rofl:
Nope, I'm just consistent. My mother sent me to school every day kicking and screaming and usually vomiting. (waking up early makes me vomit) The Child of Evo will also vomit is someone wakes her up before she's ready.

Nope, I'm just consistent. My mother sent me to school every day kicking and screaming and usually vomiting. (waking up early makes me vomit) The Child of Evo will also vomit is someone wakes her up before she's ready.
Evo is my kind of peoples. My day starts at around noon time. :)