What time in the morning do you get up?

• Thread starter Rach3
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary, many people in this conversation wake up at different times depending on their schedule and personal preferences. Some prefer to wake up early before sunrise, while others enjoy sleeping in until later in the morning. Some have variable schedules due to work or school, while others have difficulty sleeping or have a sleeping disorder. Overall, there is a range of waking up times mentioned, from as early as 5:15 AM to as late as 9:00 AM or even later.

local time, of course

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rach3
Another random poll! Enjoy. Coffee anyone?

Physics news on Phys.org
You could have also asked, what time of morning do you go to sleep? :rofl:

My time is variable 0600-0700, but sometime earlier, but not usually before 0500.

Coffee anyone?
Although I am awake, I officially don't wake up until I've had 1 pint of coffee - usually high strength - and preferably enhanced with some chocolate or raspberry-chocolate.

Last edited:
Ideally, before sunrise, but that gets a little harder to do in the summer. I like spending at least a few minutes on the back porch with my coffee while its still dark enough to see the stars. It's kind of comforting in a way.

Day night is all the same to me, what time do you get up means nothing, if you do not sleep, i just loose time any part of the day night.

8:00 for me.

Depends. 0800 during the summer hols and weekends, 0600 during college days.

You can put 0000-2400 for me. My schedule is often shifting according to deadlines, and customer schedules when working on-site. But I prefer to work late at night as much of my best work is done around 3AM.

I don't recommend this. I think my sleep mechanism is permanently damaged.

Last edited:
0745 for me. If left to my natural tendencies, I'd be going to sleep at about 0600 and getting up at around 1400. Unfortunately, W and I both have to work. :grumpy:

0600 for me. I do my best work before noon.

Regards,
George

12-1 pm

<tex limited >

I try to avoid mornings if at all possible.

7am, and God how it hurts :cry:

Likes gracy
10:00 or thereabouts if I can get up in my own time. If there's something I have to do, then as early as half 6.

i woke up about an hour ago, so, 1600ish. i went to sleep at about 0700

I work nights half a week, and sometimes 24 hours. I get sleep whenever I can :biggrin:

What did J.C. Maxwell say? When told at University of Edinborough that he must attend chapel at 5 AM:

"Aye, I suppose I can stay up that late."

6:00 am during school and usually around 9 or 10 if its a weekend or I am not working. I used to be able to sleep a long time but now for some reason 9 is usually the longest I can sleep till.

5:15 AM everyday. God it is so much better working from 6:30-3:00 everyday. There is no rush hour traffic going to and going from work, plus I still have plenty of time to go to the gym and cook a decent dinner.

There's no "All of the Above" option! :eek: :biggrin: It's different every day. Today I was up at 6:30, two weeks ago, I was up every day by 5:30, then the first day I had to sleep in, I didn't even wake up in the morning...I slept until 1 in the afternoon! :bugeye: If I can sleep as late as I want, I get up around 10. Most work days, I get up sometime between 7 AM and 8:30 AM.

These days, around 9:00 which is pretty late compared to the times that were mentioned so far:redface:

Ideally, before sunrise, but that gets a little harder to do in the summer. I like spending at least a few minutes on the back porch with my coffee while its still dark enough to see the stars. It's kind of comforting in a way.
ehh? Does it help to plan out your day?

I have a sleeping disorder so it's hard for me to get in the moring

GCT said:
These days, around 9:00 which is pretty late compared to the times that were mentioned so far:redface:

ehh? Does it help to plan out your day?
Sometimes.

I raised four kids. The main advantage of getting up early is that it's quiet enough you can think ... and a get a shower before the daughters decide to use all the hot water. :rofl:

What a biased poll!

My times are not listed as an option. On work days I am asleep by 0800 and usually get up at about 1300. Guess no one works the night shift in your world!

On the weekends I go to bed between 0200 and 0400 and get up between 1030 and 1200.

In the summer I usually go to bed around 0:00-1:00 and get up at 8:00.

During classes I try to get to sleep around 23:00 if possible and wake up around 6:30 - 7:00.

I just voted 1200 since it's the closest. I work nights so I don't normally wake up until about four or five in the afternoon.

I typically get up, not necessarily willingly, about 25 seconds after my old dog does. And that occurs between dawn and sunrise year round. It is hard to sleep with a cold nose in my ear.

I get up around 7. Get out of bed around 9. I don't worry 'bout nothing no, because worry's a waste of my

time.

For the past few weeks I have been going to bed around 2-3am, and waking up between 9-10am. This will change dramatically, though, in the next few weeks when I start working.

As far as I'm concerned, the sound of birds chirping is nature's lullaby ... I'm an afternoon/night person. The way I see it, people who wake up early may get more sun time, but miss out on night time, which has its own thing going for it.

Once school starts I'll have to go back to waking up early... bleeeh, that's the only thing I'm not looking forward to.

6am, water helps the rest of me wake up.

moe darklight said:
As far as I'm concerned, the sound of birds chirping is nature's lullaby ... I'm an afternoon/night person. The way I see it, people who wake up early may get more sun time, but miss out on night time, which has its own thing going for it.

Once school starts I'll have to go back to waking up early... bleeeh, that's the only thing I'm not looking forward to.

I prefer crickets chirping. :biggrin: Nothing more soothing than sitting outside on a warm summer's evening when everyone else has retreated indoors for the night and everything is peaceful and quiet and just the sounds of nature...crickets, tree leaves rustling in the wind, etc.

during the week I go to bed at 0200-0300 and wake up at 0900

on weekends I go to bed at 0400 and wake up at 1500

Moonbear said:
I prefer crickets chirping. :biggrin: Nothing more soothing than sitting outside on a warm summer's evening when everyone else has retreated indoors for the night and everything is peaceful and quiet and just the sounds of nature...crickets, tree leaves rustling in the wind, etc.

haha this reminds me of last year... my dad loves the sound of crickets too, but we don't have many in our neighborhood, so he went to the store (I'm guessing a fishing store) and brought home a boxfull of crickets and released them in our backyard... anyay, now all the neighbor's yards are full of crickes; aparently crickets don't understand the concept of fences :rofl:

moe darklight said:

Beautifully said! I'm a nocturnal creature myself. The night time is my daytime. The morning is for sleep. I get to watch some beautiful sunrises before I fall asleep too.

I would never get up before noon if I had a choice. I am NOT a morning person.