1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What type of degree reflects this kind of expertise?

  1. Jan 31, 2013 #1

    I've heard a bit about "information systems" and "computer security systems technology" but I haven't been able to find anything about this type of study at my college's website. I don't think these terms are correct, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is something similar.

    The context of such work could be military software security and intelligence gathering I guess... protecting our own networks from cyber-invasions and of course doing our own share of cyber-invasion.

    Can anyone point me in the right direction to read up about this kind of stuff? I'm kind of curious about this.


    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 1, 2013 #2
    Update: I found out some information on it.

    Apparently it's just called "Computer Security" and there are a few specializations within it.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook