What type of Engineering to choose

In summary, the conversation discusses the differences between mining engineering, geological engineering, and mechanical engineering. The speaker is interested in mining engineering and wants to know about the difficulty of the program compared to the others, as well as job prospects after obtaining a degree. Another person suggests choosing mechanical engineering, as it is more versatile, and mentions that mining and geological engineering may be easier in terms of math and physics. They also advise the speaker to provide more information about their knowledge on the subject to avoid wasting others' time.
BlackShadow
Im currently looking into mining engineering, geological engineering and mechanical engineering, and was wondering what I could find out about each one. Right now the one I want to know the most about is the mining engineering. I was hoping to find out about how difficult the programs would be compared to each other, and what the prospects for jobs would be once i got a degree in that field.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Choose mechanical engineering, its more versatile. Depending on where you go mining/geological engineering might be easier from a maths/physics difficulty standpoint. If you really want to know more about mining engineering, you probably picked the wrong title for your post. Consider posting what you do know about those areas of engineering that way posters don't waste their time telling you something you already know. Additionally, they also will know you put some effort into using your search engine. Engineers tend to not like helping people perceived as lazy.

What type of Engineering should I choose?

Choosing which type of engineering to pursue can be a difficult decision. Here are five frequently asked questions to help guide you:

1. What are the different types of engineering?

There are many different types of engineering, including mechanical, electrical, civil, chemical, biomedical, aerospace, industrial, and more. Each type focuses on a specific area of science and technology.

2. How do I decide which type of engineering is right for me?

It is important to consider your interests, strengths, and career goals when choosing an engineering field. Research each type of engineering to see which aligns best with your interests and skills.

3. What are the job opportunities for each type of engineering?

Job opportunities vary for each type of engineering, but in general, there is a high demand for all types of engineers. Some fields, such as computer and software engineering, have a particularly high demand in today's technology-driven world.

4. What is the difference between each type of engineering?

Each type of engineering focuses on different aspects of science and technology. For example, mechanical engineers work on designing and building mechanical systems, while chemical engineers focus on developing and producing chemical products. It is important to research the specific responsibilities and projects involved in each type of engineering to understand the differences.

5. Can I switch between types of engineering later on in my career?

Yes, it is possible to switch between types of engineering later on in your career. Many engineers have a diverse background and may have experience in multiple types of engineering. However, it may require additional education or training to make a significant switch.