1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What type of Engineering to choose

1. Oct 30, 2012 #1
    Im currently looking into mining engineering, geological engineering and mechanical engineering, and was wondering what I could find out about each one. Right now the one I want to know the most about is the mining engineering. I was hoping to find out about how difficult the programs would be compaired to eachother, and what the prospects for jobs would be once i got a degree in that field.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 31, 2012 #2
    Choose mechanical engineering, its more versatile. Depending on where you go mining/geological engineering might be easier from a maths/physics difficulty standpoint. If you really want to know more about mining engineering, you probably picked the wrong title for your post. Consider posting what you do know about those areas of engineering that way posters don't waste their time telling you something you already know. Additionally, they also will know you put some effort into using your search engine. Engineers tend to not like helping people perceived as lazy.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook