Interview About Writing in Engineering

Main Question or Discussion Point

I am a senior in college, working on getting my bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering. I am currently taking an upper division writing class about writing in engineering, and am required to interview someone either presently working or has worked in the field, about writing in engineering. So, I have a couple simple questions that I was hoping somebody here could answer. Any answers would be much appreciated, and thank you for your time.

• What do you write? How often? Why? To Who? How much time do you spend writing?

• What should students know about writing in this job? What can we practice? What should students know about writing in their profession before they graduate?

• What effect does a person’s writing have on the way clients, customers, co-workers, bosses, etc. perceive them?

• What makes the types of writing you do and read “good”? What makes it “bad”?

• What do you wish the people whose writing you read would do differently?

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Welcome to the PF, Brandon. :smile:

Sorry, for privacy and anti-phishing reasons, interview threads are no longer allowed at the PF. Thread needs to be closed.

PS -- check your private messages in a few minutes...