What Values of x Solve the Equation sin(kx) = 0?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrcheeses
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Sin Trigonometry
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
mrcheeses
Messages
31
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


sin(kx)=0 What describes the value of x.


Homework Equations



N/A

The Attempt at a Solution



I remember doing this last year but I forgot how to.

kx=n(pi)
x= n(pi)/k
x=n(pi)/k + (pi)k/n where n is any integar

Is this right?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
mrcheeses said:

Homework Statement


sin(kx)=0 What describes the value of x.


Homework Equations



N/A

The Attempt at a Solution



I remember doing this last year but I forgot how to.

kx=n(pi)
x= n(pi)/k
x=n(pi)/k + (pi)k/n where n is any integar

Is this right?

It was until you added that last term from out of nowhere.