1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What/Who does Boeing look for when they hire?

1. Oct 23, 2009 #1
    What/Who does Boeing look for when they hire???

Hey people. I am working towards transfering to a 4 year and majoring in aerospace engineering. I want to work for Boeing when I graduate. Does anybody have advice on what Boeing looks for when they hire engineers? Does the institution that the candidate graduated from matter?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 24, 2009 #2
    Re: What/Who does Boeing look for when they hire???

I would suggest surfing the Boeing career page for interns and graduates: http://www.boeing.com/employment/collegecareers/index.html [Broken]

Boeing made an appearance every year at the university I attended. I spoke with them on several occasions. The basic requirements to get a job with Boeing would be to have at least a 3.0 GPA from an ABET accredited university in an engineering program. An internship or co-op wouldn't hurt either. Even meeting the basic criteria will not guarantee a job offer. I know of a few classmates who excelled in college and graduated with honors who were rejected by Boeing while someone who met the minimum requirements got an offer because of the internships he or she held and the potential the recruiters saw.

I found that the best way to get your foot in the door would be to attend a career fair, speak with a recruiter, and make an effort to keep in contact with that recruiter. Again, that won't guarantee a job.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. Oct 25, 2009 #3

Great, thanks for your help. Yeah working for Boeing is my goal. I don't even care how much they pay, I just want to work there. I would turn down a company that would offer a higher salary for Boeing any day.

5. Oct 25, 2009 #4

I would also suggest you look into Airbus and Cessna in order to keep your career options open. Even if you don't get a job with Boeing immediately following college, getting a job with a company in a similar field is a gateway and a great opportunity to gain some experience.

6. Oct 26, 2009 #5

Also try UTC and GE. Boeing likes former GE people and GE does jet engines (like Pratt & Whitney). UTC also has Sikorsky etc.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook