What/Who does Boeing look for when they hire?

• Boeing
  • Thread starter svisbeck
  • Start date
In summary, when hiring engineers, Boeing looks for candidates with at least a 3.0 GPA from an ABET accredited university, as well as internships or co-ops. However, meeting these criteria does not guarantee a job offer and networking with recruiters may increase chances. It is also beneficial to keep career options open by considering companies like Airbus, Cessna, UTC, and GE, which also have connections to Boeing.
svisbeck
What/Who does Boeing look for when they hire?

Hey people. I am working towards transfering to a 4 year and majoring in aerospace engineering. I want to work for Boeing when I graduate. Does anybody have advice on what Boeing looks for when they hire engineers? Does the institution that the candidate graduated from matter?

Physics news on Phys.org

I would suggest surfing the Boeing career page for interns and graduates: http://www.boeing.com/employment/collegecareers/index.html [Broken]

Boeing made an appearance every year at the university I attended. I spoke with them on several occasions. The basic requirements to get a job with Boeing would be to have at least a 3.0 GPA from an ABET accredited university in an engineering program. An internship or co-op wouldn't hurt either. Even meeting the basic criteria will not guarantee a job offer. I know of a few classmates who excelled in college and graduated with honors who were rejected by Boeing while someone who met the minimum requirements got an offer because of the internships he or she held and the potential the recruiters saw.

I found that the best way to get your foot in the door would be to attend a career fair, speak with a recruiter, and make an effort to keep in contact with that recruiter. Again, that won't guarantee a job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Great, thanks for your help. Yeah working for Boeing is my goal. I don't even care how much they pay, I just want to work there. I would turn down a company that would offer a higher salary for Boeing any day.

I would also suggest you look into Airbus and Cessna in order to keep your career options open. Even if you don't get a job with Boeing immediately following college, getting a job with a company in a similar field is a gateway and a great opportunity to gain some experience.

calimechengr said:
I would also suggest you look into Airbus and Cessna in order to keep your career options open. Even if you don't get a job with Boeing immediately following college, getting a job with a company in a similar field is a gateway and a great opportunity to gain some experience.

Also try UTC and GE. Boeing likes former GE people and GE does jet engines (like Pratt & Whitney). UTC also has Sikorsky etc.

1. What qualifications does Boeing look for in potential hires?

Boeing typically looks for candidates with a bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as engineering, business, or computer science. They also value relevant work experience, strong problem-solving and analytical skills, and the ability to work well in a team.

2. Does Boeing prioritize certain skills or qualities in their hiring process?

While specific skills may vary depending on the position, Boeing looks for candidates with strong communication skills, adaptability, and a desire to continuously learn. They also value candidates who demonstrate leadership potential and a commitment to excellence.

3. Are there any specific requirements for technical positions at Boeing?

For technical positions, Boeing looks for candidates with a strong foundation in relevant technical skills and experience. This may include proficiency in programming languages, experience with specific tools or software, and knowledge of relevant industry standards and regulations.

4. What kind of work culture does Boeing look for in their employees?

Boeing values a diverse and inclusive work culture where employees feel empowered to share their ideas and innovate. They also prioritize a strong work ethic, collaboration and teamwork, and a commitment to safety and ethical principles.

5. Is prior experience in the aerospace industry required for employment at Boeing?

While prior experience in the aerospace industry is not always required, it can be beneficial for certain positions at Boeing. However, the company also values transferable skills and a willingness to learn and adapt to the industry. They offer training and development programs for new hires to help them succeed in their roles.