What’s your favorite fictional character?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ProfuselyQuarky
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
72 replies · 9K views
ProfuselyQuarky said:
What IS you avatar?

HERESY! How could you not know??
Well quite easily apparently :P

It's Vivi from Final Fantasy 9
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky and James Holland
Physics news on Phys.org
it bares a smal resemblance to a Jawa working as a private detective
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: gjonesy
cpscdave said:
HERESY! How could you not know??
Well quite easily apparently :P

It's Vivi from Final Fantasy 9
Oh! Well, I'm no gamer . . .
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: James Holland
Son Goku dbz
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky and James Holland
PFFT FF9 isn't a game, its a story telling MASTERPIECE! And it just got rerelased on PC!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: James Holland and ProfuselyQuarky
cpscdave said:
PFFT FF9 isn't a game, its a story telling MASTERPIECE! And it just got rerelased on PC!
Sorry, sorry! Apparently you feel strongly about this :biggrin:

Jeez, some people are so touchy :oldlaugh:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: James Holland
ProfuselyQuarky said:
Sorry, sorry! Apparently you feel strongly about this :biggrin:

Jeez, some people are so touchy :oldlaugh:
HAHAH I kid of course! In an... odd mood today!

But FF9 was one of my fav games when I was younger. Heck when I got my first job I took my first paycheque and spent it all on a PS2 and FF9 :D
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky and James Holland
cpscdave said:
proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2F41.media.tumblr.com%2Ftumblr_lz0i4bNR571qbzk1xo1_250.jpg
[/QUOTE Ah G'kar. How I miss you.I miss Andreus Katsulas (I'm guessing on the last name) too.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: cpscdave
cpscdave said:
But FF9 was one of my fav games when I was younger. Heck when I got my first job I took my first paycheque and spent it all on a PS2 and FF9 :D
lol! This sounds familiar :wink:
 
Rango1.PNG

Lately, I'm thinking "Rango" because he seems pretty human for a reptile.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky
Samy_A said:
captain Haddock from Tintin
ProfuselyQuarky said:
Ten thousand blistering typhoons! Another Tintin fan!
James Holland said:
Haddock is the best. The only one who comes close is snowy and then Thompson and Thompson
I walked down my street a while ago and look what I found in a shop:
25931857393_dbf22c00dd_c.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: James Holland and ProfuselyQuarky
1oldman2 said:
View attachment 99384
Lately, I'm thinking "Rango" because he seems pretty human for a reptile.
But then so did my third wife.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: gjonesy and 1oldman2
Noisy Rhysling said:
But then so did my third wife.
"Third times a charm" doesn't apply to wives. :wink:
 
Noisy Rhysling said:
But then so did my third wife.

Rimshot!
 
I call her "the hex-wife" for a reason.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky
Khatti said:
Ah G'kar. How I miss you.I miss Andreus Katsulas (I'm guessing on the last name) too.

It wasn't him! It was the 1 armed man! oh wait... lol

Only after he died could I get on board of a B5 reboot w/o the original cast. I mean no G'kar no way! But its a bit tough now :(
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky
DennisN said:
I walked down my street a while ago and look what I found in a shop:
25931857393_dbf22c00dd_c.jpg
Agh! So cute! How much were they? I don't know what "55:-" means.

Swim suite Thompson is hilarious :-D
 
1oldman2 said:
View attachment 99384
Lately, I'm thinking "Rango" because he seems pretty human for a reptile.
And Rango was cute, 1oldman2!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1oldman2
ProfuselyQuarky said:
Is it bad that I only know Hermoine? :nb)
Not sure if it's still showing on netflix but they were running the adventures of Tintin a couple years ago, if its still on check it out, pretty cool. :smile:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky
ProfuselyQuarky said:
Agh! So cute! How much were they? I don't know what "55:-" means.
55 Swedish kronor = 6.83 U.S. dollars
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky
One vote for the Dad character in "Father Knows Best."
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky
1oldman2 said:
Not sure if it's still showing on netflix but they were running the adventures of Tintin a couple years ago, if its still on check it out, pretty cool. :smile:
Nice! I rely on YouTube and Tumblr for Tintin fandom (which, as I said already, includes fanart)
DennisN said:
55 Swedish kronor = 6.83 U.S. dollars
You learn something new everyday! That’s a good price if it’s for the whole set. @DennisN you should’ve purchased them and wait until they become worth something good :biggrin:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1oldman2
Noisy Rhysling said:
"Father Knows Best."
I kept telling that to my kids and they constantly vetoed my vote. :cool:
 
ProfuselyQuarky said:
Nice! I rely on YouTube
While searching Youtube look up "Fractured Fairy tales" You might enjoy their brand of humor, I know I do. :smile:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky
1oldman2 said:
I kept telling that to my kids and they constantly vetoed my vote. :cool:
Well duh.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky and 1oldman2
Winnie the Pooh
Kasuga Ayumu (Azumanga Daioh)
Larry the Cucumber
Kamina (TTGL)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky
ProfuselyQuarky said:
Is it bad that I only know Hermoine? :nb)
No, it just proves I'm old enough to be your grandfather. ?:) :biggrin:

Actually, the Gray Mouser novels are moderately old, even for me. I'm surprised they haven't been reworked into movies or TV series.

As for "Seven of Nine", she's an acquired taste -- for people who like the Star Trek genre. She was both simultaneously strong and vulnerable.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky
I first Fafhrd of the Gray Mouser in the '60s, IIRC.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: James Holland