Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What's your JFQ (Junk Food Quotient)?

Which of these have you eaten?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2012.
  1. Twinkies

48.7%
  2. Cheese puffs

66.7%
  3. Moon Pie

35.9%
  4. Doughnuts

87.2%
  5. McDonald's French fries

89.7%
  6. Chipwich

23.1%
  7. Fried pork rinds

38.5%
  8. Snickers

87.2%
  9. Pepperoni pizza

94.9%
  10. Doritos

84.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nov 18, 2012 #1

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

How many of these have you eaten?

Top 10 Iconic Junk Foods (time.com)

I've eaten most of these more times than I can count. I've eaten Snickers and Moon Pies a few times. I've never eaten fried pork rinds, even though they're a staple down here in the South. (I'm not from the South originally, which probably explains that. I never eat okra, either. :yuck:)

So that makes my JFQ = 9.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2012 #2
    Oh I just failed completly, I read for some reason which have you not eaten...

4. Nov 18, 2012 #3

Evo

You mean, ever, in my life, or within the last year?

I have had a bite of twinkie, but could never eat an entire one, ever. So, is that a no?

Ok, to be more difficult, I've never eaten a pizza with just pepperoni (and cheese), but I've had pizzas where pepperoni was an ingredient. I usually pull the pepperoni off along with italian sausage, and I mop the pizza with napkins. Greasy pizzas throw me into a gall bladder attack.

Should I just not respond? :redface:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  5. Nov 18, 2012 #4
    I think it's all at once. I get a 9 because strictly speaking, I never had a chipwich. But I have had similar snacks.

6. Nov 18, 2012 #5

Evo

I don't even know what a chipwich is.

Wow, I sound horrible.

Someone just shoot me.

7. Nov 18, 2012 #6

Evo

Ok, I've answered based on "ever in my life".

8. Nov 18, 2012 #7
    It' a round ice cream sandwich with chocolate chips around the outside edge. There's a picture of it in the OP's link.

9. Nov 18, 2012 #8

Evo

Ah, never eaten one. Thanks.

I was thinking of a bologna sandwich with potato chips inside, now THAT, I've eaten.

10. Nov 18, 2012 #9
    I interpreted the poll to mean "have eaten and liked." I tried a couple cheese puffs long ago, and did not like them, so I did not vote for them.

11. Nov 18, 2012 #10

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I feel deprived. I have never seen Chipwiches or Moon Pies. Within the last four days, I have had Doritos and McDonalds' fries.

12. Nov 18, 2012 #11

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

9. Never heard of a Chipwich either and had an initial thought similiar to Evo. It's on my bucket list now. :biggrin:

13. Nov 18, 2012 #12

Doc Al

LOL... those are the only two things on the list that I've never eaten (nor seen) also. I've jammed down everything else.

14. Nov 18, 2012 #13
    5, I've never eaten Twinkies, Cheese Puffs, Moon Pie, Chipwich or Fried Pork Rinds. But I am Canadian so perhaps these things aren't as popular up here.

15. Nov 18, 2012 #14

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I object. There is no expriation date! I've eaten most of these but nothing in two years. So my JFQ is 0.

There was no option for none of the above either. :biggrin:

16. Nov 18, 2012 #15

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

okay wait, I have had pepperoni pizza but with a cauliflower crust, which according to my diet plan isn't junk food.

Too much salt though! Bleh. I use so little salt now that pizza is almost too much to handle. That may be why I haven't made any in a year or so now.

17. Nov 18, 2012 #16
    Same here. I may have eaten a pork rind, but I really cannot be sure. I would only have eaten one if heavily inebriated.

Chipwiches are awesome!!! (Though they go by some other name around here.)

18. Nov 18, 2012 #17

Ryan_m_b

Exactly the same but I'm British and only have a vague idea of what these things are.

19. Nov 18, 2012 #18

Astronuc

I may have had a Chipwich, but I don't remember. I have had an ice cream sandwich though.

Otherwise, in my lifetime, I've eaten 9 of the junkfoods.

I've had pepperoni pizza if that's all there is, but usually my minimum is pepperoni, black olives and mushrooms, and I'll add jalapenos if available.

University, Friday night dinner was beer and pizza or beer and hamburger.

20. Nov 18, 2012 #19
    Chipwiches are amazingly good. I didn't know that's what they were called. I guess I don't read labels anymore, I just buy what I want from just looking at the picture.

Only thing on that list I haven't had is pork rinds. And now that I'm a vegetarian, I probably never will. I don't need to eat fried pork fat anyway.

Nowadays junk food to me is a bowl of Raisin Bran cereal.

21. Nov 18, 2012 #20

Dale

Woot! I aced this test. 100%. I must be a genius!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook