• Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date

Which of these have you eaten?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ryan_m_b
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Why on Earth would you think that's a lie :confused: you can't get any of these things regularly in the UK and even if you did find some in a rare American shop few British people would know what they were.

A rose by any other name.

Have you never eaten a wagon wheel? They're kinda big and kinda round.

Also, just incase you didn't get it. It was in jest.

Last edited:
greasy pizzas are the best pizzas

deliciousness ∝ greasiness

turbo
Gold Member
Duke is wiped out. I took him to visit his friend Max this morning, and they ran really hard. If I had a few more dogs like Duke, I'd have to consider getting a sled and becoming a musher.

Duke is wiped out. I took him to visit his friend Max this morning, and they ran really hard. If I had a few more dogs like Duke, I'd have to consider getting a sled and becoming a musher.
A bit out of place, but what's life without a little disorder!

I'm ashamed to say I've had six of these many times, though only a couple recently.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I know I haven't had Moon Pie, Chipwich, or fried pork rinds. Never heard of a chipwich. Most iconic huh?

Edit: OOOOOOHHHHHHH a chipwich! Sure those are great!

jim mcnamara
Mentor
Where my kids grew up, one of the great unhealthy foods was on the table most mornings: green chile bacon.

Fry one pound (yep one pound) in a large skillet. When the bacon is crispy done you pour off lots of grease, and throw in a cup of roasted green chile. Cook long enough to get the chile hot.

If you do it right the bacon is still crunchy with a great green chile flavor , and the green chile itself is wonderful on eggs. I don't want to think about the consequences on my blood lipids....

Green chile is no way realted to the reddish brown stuff people everywhere associate with chile.

If this sounds odd, this is New Mexico. That alone makes it odd. Chile is Capsicum spp. pods harvested green, not beans, tomato sauce, hamburger, and hot sauce. That is chile mac or Texas chile.

turbo
Gold Member
Oops! wrong thread. My apologies.

Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I have tried all but the chipwich. I will not eat Twinkies, or Moonpies again, once was enough. The dissolution of Hostess is not a big deal for me. Doritos I can take or leave, generally leave.

I love Snickers and doughnuts. (not at the same time!)

I thought it was a choose your favorite, opps didn't read first; just voted.

Semantics aside, I've had everything on the list. Even pork rinds, which I thought must have gone bad. After being sampled by an experienced pork rind snacker was assured that is how they are supposed to taste.

Was then horrified to see pork rinds are actually made with pork.

Chipwich = ice cream cookie probably the best!

jtbell
Mentor
As for Chipwiches, I don't remember if I've ever eaten that specific brand of chocolate-chip cookie / ice cream sandwich, but I've definitely eaten that generic configuration under whatever names. Usually I eat them when I'm on a long car trip and stop at a gas station for a short bathroom+snack break.

Evo
Mentor
Where my kids grew up, one of the great unhealthy foods was on the table most mornings: green chile bacon.

Fry one pound (yep one pound) in a large skillet. When the bacon is crispy done you pour off lots of grease, and throw in a cup of roasted green chile. Cook long enough to get the chile hot.

If you do it right the bacon is still crunchy with a great green chile flavor , and the green chile itself is wonderful on eggs. I don't want to think about the consequences on my blood lipids....

Green chile is no way realted to the reddish brown stuff people everywhere associate with chile.

If this sounds odd, this is New Mexico. That alone makes it odd. Chile is Capsicum spp. pods harvested green, not beans, tomato sauce, hamburger, and hot sauce. That is chile mac or Texas chile.
Ooooh, that sounds yummy, I love green chiles!!!