What's your personality? color quiz

• Thread starter moose
  • Start date
Evo
Mentor
Ah the old http://www.viewzone.com/luscher.html" [Broken]. But truncated.
This version must use pop ups, which don't work since I have a pop up blocker. In other words, it doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Your Existing Situation
Orderly, methodical, and self-contained. Needs the respect, recognition, and understanding of those close to him.

Your Stress Sources
Strives for straight-forward relationships, founded on mutual trust and understanding. Wishes to act only in conformity with his own convictions. Demands freedom to make his own decisions without being subjected to interference, outside influence, or the necessity of making compromises.

Your Restrained Characteristics
Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense.
Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity.

Your Desired Objective
His need to feel more causative and to have a wider sphere of influence makes him restless and he is driven by his desires and hopes. May try to spread his activities over too wide a field.

Your Actual Problem
Feels restricted and prevented from progressing; seeking a solution which will remove these limitations.

Your Actual Problem #2
Intensely critical of the existing conditions which he feels are disorganized or insufficiently clear-cut. Is therefore seeking some solution which will clarify the situation and introduce a more acceptable degree of order and method.

Evo, try the version for older computers, I have Firefox's built-in popup blocker and it did just fine, so maybe its your PC.

Evo
Mentor
Evo, try the version for older computers, I have Firefox's built-in popup blocker and it did just fine, so maybe its your PC.
No, it's the blocking I have selected, I could let it through, but I don't want to. The version in the OP is fine for me.

Your Existing Situation
Volatile and outgoing. Needs to feel that events are developing along desired lines, otherwise irritation can lead to changeability or superficial activities.

Your Stress Sources
An existing situation is unsatisfactory but she feels unable to change it without cooperation :biggrin:; the need for understanding, for affectionate give-and-take remains unfulfilled. This not only depresses her but makes her irritable and impatient, producing restlessness and the urge to get away from the situation, either actually or, at least, mentally. Ability to concentrate may suffer

Feels she is receiving less than her share :frown:, but that she will have to conform and make the best of her situation :bugeye:.
Feels that things stand in her way, that circumstances are forcing her to compromise and forgo some pleasures for the time being.

Your Desired Objective
Seeks freedom from problems and a secure state of physical ease in which to relax and recover.

Your Actual Problem
Anxiety and a restless dissatisfaction, either with circumstances or with unfulfilled emotional needs, have produced considerable stress. She tries to escape from these into a conflict-free security in which she can relax and recover

Your Actual Problem #2
Wishes to safeguard herself against criticism and to entrench herself in a stable and secure position; but is herself inclined to be critical of others and difficult to please.

How pathetic am I?:cry:

Evo
Mentor
Not at all, it's saying that you have some obstacles to overcome and are protecting yourself while working through them. We each work through things in our own ways, which is what makes us interesting.

interesting... I see

We need some more full read-out of some others --especially the more 'psychologically' challenged members

POST NOW--and we'll send 10 grains of rice to someplace for someone
ok, here ya go.

Your Existing Situation
Works well in cooperation with others but is disinclined to take the leading role. Needs a personal life of mutual understanding and freedom from discord.

Your Stress Sources
Has an unsatisfied need to ally himself with others whose standards are as high as his own, and to stand out from the herd. This desire for preeminence isolates him and inhibits his readiness to give himself freely. While he wants to surrender and let himself go, he regards this as a weakness which must be resisted. This self-restraint, he feels, will lift him above the rank and file and ensure recognition as a unique and distinctive personality.

Feels he is receiving less than his share, but that he will have to conform and make the best of his situation.
Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense. Sensitive and sentimental, but conceals this from all except those very close to him.

Your Desired Objective
Tries to escape from his problems, difficulties, and tensions by abrupt, headstrong, and ill-considered decisions. Desperately seeking a way to escape, and there is danger of reckless behavior to the point of self-destruction.

Your Actual Problem
The need for esteem--for the chance to play some outstanding part and make a name for himself--has become imperative. He reacts by insisting on being the center of attention, and refuses to play an impersonal or minor role.

Evo
Mentor
So, sounds like you, doesn't sound like you?

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
This is mine BTW, just for clarification.

Your Existing Situation
Active, but feels that insufficient progress or reward is being made for the effort exerted.

Your Stress Sources
Sensitive, and susceptible to gentleness and delicacy of feeling, with a desire to blend into some sort of mystic fusion of erotic harmony. However, this desire remains unsatisfied due to the lack of a suitable partner or adverse conditions, and he keeps a strict and watchful control on his emotional relationships as he needs to know precisely where he stands. Is fastidious, esthetic, and has a cultured taste which allows him to form and express his own taste and judgment, especially in the fields of art and artistic creativity. Strives to ally with others who can assist him in his intellectual or artistic growth.

Feels that he cannot do much about his existing problems and difficulties and that he must make the best of things as they are. Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity.
Circumstances are such that he feels forced to compromise for the time being if he is to avoid being cut off from affection or from full participation.

Your Desired Objective
Hopes that ties of affection and good-fellowship will bring release and contentment. His own need for approval makes him ready to be of help to others and in exchange he wants warmth and understanding. Open to new ideas and possibilities which he hopes will prove fruitful and interesting.

Your Actual Problem
Intensely critical of the existing conditions which he feels are disorganized or insufficiently clear-cut. Is therefore seeking some solution which will clarify the situation and introduce a more acceptable degree of order and method.

Your Actual Problem #2
Feels insufficiently valued in his existing situation, and is seeking different conditions in which he will have greater opportunity of demonstrating his worth.
I don't know what to say. I like the 'mystic fusion of erotic harmony' bit.

Last edited:
So, sounds like you, doesn't sound like you?
Pretty close. I do have a tendency to be headstrong and make ill-considered, self-destructive decisions. I also enjoy some attention, but I would not say that I insist on being the center of attention. No, I'm content to be in a limited role, just not fulfilled by it.

I didn't read any instructions for this test. It took me about 15 seconds to complete.

I also get very different results each time I take the quiz.

Last edited:
Evo
Mentor
Pretty close. I do have a tendency to be headstrong and make ill-considered, self-destructive decisions. I also enjoy some attention, but I would not say that I insist on being the center of attention. No, I'm content to be in a limited role, just not fulfilled by it.

I didn't read any instructions for this test. It took me about 15 seconds to complete.

You just select the colors you like best until they are all gone. I read the book about the test years ago.

Are you getting different results while selecting the same colors in the same order? You're not supposed to change colors or orders, but go with you initial reaction, which was the first time.

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper

I guess you didn't read if it took you about 15 seconds. You have to kill two whole minutes before continuing on to the second part.

It think it's assuming you couldn't possibly remember what order you selected the first time around, so you'll get two samples that are averaged together to account for any border line choices you made where you really couldn't make up your mind, but had to choose one color or the other.

Last edited:
You just select the colors you like best until they are all gone. I read the book about the test years ago.

Are you getting different results while selecting the same colors in the same order? You're not supposed to change colors or orders, but go with you initial reaction, which was the first time.
What if someone doesn't have favorite colors? The colors I want to choose will be different depending on what kind of mood I'm in at the moment. I don't have an overwhelming preference in either direction. I was selecting randomly.

All of the results that I got had at least some relevence to my personality. This test reminds me of astrology. It's fun and persuasive, but that's about it. A fortune teller could do an equal job.

BobG said:
I guess you didn't read if it took you about 15 seconds. You have to kill two whole minutes before continuing on to the second part.
Nope, didn't read it. There was nothing that forced me to wait 2 minutes. After the first set of colors I hit next and immediately started selecting the second set.

Nope, didn't read it. There was nothing that forced me to wait 2 minutes. After the first set of colors I hit next and immediately started selecting the second set.
It doesn't force you, it just has a timer and you are supposed to click next once the timer runs out.... I think that your method of doing this test gives more insight onto your personality :rofl:

It doesn't force you, it just has a timer and you are supposed to click next once the timer runs out.... I think that your method of doing this test gives more insight onto your personality :rofl:
Haha, yeah. I think that you are right.

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
It sure does:
Your Desired Objective
Tries to escape from his problems, difficulties, and tensions by abrupt, headstrong, and ill-considered decisions. Desperately seeking a way to escape, and there is danger of reckless behavior to the point of self-destruction.
Huckleberry's lucky he didn't break a wheel on his chair and bang his head on the desk while clicking the next button! You need to follow the rules, people!

It sure does:

Huckleberry's lucky he didn't break a wheel on his chair and bang his head on the desk while clicking the next button! You need to follow the rules, people!
But I like to play out of bounds.:frown:

I can see the practicality of rules, but they go against my philosophy. People are only as good as their actions without consequence. Restricting behaviour with rules often seems like an anaesthetic for societies problems, and not a remedy. I would much prefer to be motivated by the suffering due to the consequences of my own actions, and the actions of others against me if it is their true desire to cause me harm.

That's where my self-destructive behaviour comes from. Apparently, it's also why I can't be bothered to read instructions.:blushing:

edit-
Your Desired Objective
I would rather live life as if there are no consequences than follow rules out of fear of punishment. I would like to believe that I would always accept the punishment for things that I do whether I know them to be wrong, or believe them to be right. I can not understand doing something I believe to be wrong because the rules say otherwise. So the statement above is mostly true, but the part about escaping from my problems, difficulties and tensions doesn't sit well with me. The way I see it I'd rather face them than be insensitive to them, but I can also see how being overzealous could distort the purpose of the belief unnecessarily.. (i.e. not reading instructions) I'll think about it.

Last edited:
well, huck, all that shows you have some insight (post 43)

so, do you see the 'test' as a 'offense', or something as an written 'insight' (something concrete visibly put down in 'black and white') that you can help you?

-Your Existing Situation
Avoids excessive effort and needs roots, security, and peaceful companionship.

-Your Stress Sources
Unfulfilled hopes have led to uncertainty and apprehension. Needs to feel secure and to avoid any further disappointment, and fears being passed over or losing standings and prestige. Doubts that things will be any better in the future and this negative attitude leads him to make exaggerated demands and to refuse to make reasonable compromises.

-Your Restrained Characteristics
The situation is preventing him from establishing himself, but he feels he must make the best of things as they are.

Becomes distressed when his needs or desires are misunderstood and feels that he has no one to turn to or rely on. Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense.

Willing to become emotionally involved and able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity, but tries to avoid conflict.

-Your Desired Objective
Suffering from the effects of those things which are being rejected as disagreeable, and is strongly resisting them. Just wants to be left in peace

-Your Actual Problem
Disappointment and the fear that there is no point in formulating fresh goals have led to anxiety, emptiness, and an unadmitted self-contempt. His refusal to admit this leads to his adopting a headstrong and defiant attitude.

Wow... I need some help.:surprised

Evo
Mentor
Gee B.Elliott, what kind of dismal colors did you select? :biggrin:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You're not supposed to change colors or orders, but go with you initial reaction, which was the first time.
The instructions don't say that. They say you shouldn't try to select the same colors the second time. Some look better when they are next to one color than another, so I didn't end up selecting the colors in the same order the second time.

These were my results:
Your Existing Situation

Your Stress Sources

Unfulfilled hopes have lead to uncertainty and a tense watchfulness. Insists on freedom of action and resents any form of control other than which is self-imposed. Unwilling to go without or to relinquish anything and demands security as a protection against any further setback or loss of position or prestige. Doubts that things will be any better in the future and this negative attitude leads her to exaggerate her claims and to refuse reasonable compromises.

Feels listless, hemmed in, and anxious; considers that circumstances and forcing her to restrain her desires. Wants to avoid open conflict with others and to have peace and quiet.

Your Desired Objective

Wants to make a favorable impression and be regarded as a special personality. Is therefore constantly on the watch to see whether on the watch to see whether she is succeeding in this and how others are reacting to her. this makes her feel she is in control. Uses tactics cleverly in order to obtain influence and special recognition. Susceptible to the esthetic or original.

Your Actual Problem

Disappointment and the fear that there is no point in formulating fresh goals have led to anxiety. Desires recognition and position, but is worried about her prospects. Reacts to this by protecting at any criticism and resisting any attempt to influence her. Tries to assert herself by meticulous control of detail in an effort to strengthen her position.

Your Actual Problem #2

Strongly resists outside influence and any interference with her freedom to make her own decisions and plans. Works to establish and strengthen her own position.
Pretty far off the mark as far as I can tell. No point in formulating fresh goals? Huh? It would be easier if the results were written with proper grammar. What does "protecting at any criticism" mean? Does that mean avoiding criticism? If so, pretty far off too.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
-Your Existing Situation

-Your Stress Sources
Unfulfilled hopes have led to uncertainty and apprehension. Needs to feel secure and to avoid any further disappointment, and fears being passed over or losing standings and prestige. Doubts that things will be any better in the future and this negative attitude leads him to make exaggerated demands and to refuse to make reasonable compromises.

-Your Restrained Characteristics
The situation is preventing him from establishing himself, but he feels he must make the best of things as they are.

Becomes distressed when his needs or desires are misunderstood and feels that he has no one to turn to or rely on. Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense.

Willing to become emotionally involved and able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity, but tries to avoid conflict.

-Your Desired Objective
Suffering from the effects of those things which are being rejected as disagreeable, and is strongly resisting them. Just wants to be left in peace

-Your Actual Problem
Disappointment and the fear that there is no point in formulating fresh goals have led to anxiety, emptiness, and an unadmitted self-contempt. His refusal to admit this leads to his adopting a headstrong and defiant attitude.

Wow... I need some help.:surprised
Looking at your results and my results, I think I've come to the conclusion that you're the person I'll ask if I need help choosing paint colors for my home! :biggrin:

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If anyone wants their home done in shades that suggest a 'mystic fusion of erotic harmony' then I'm your man.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If anyone wants their home done in shades that suggest a 'mystic fusion of erotic harmony' then I'm your man.
:rofl: Maybe I'll let you decorate the bedroom. :biggrin: