When did the feather and ball bearing vacuum experiment first appear in schools?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lindsayg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Vacuum
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
lindsayg
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I've got to really thinking about when this experiment was first done in schools...

During the Apollo 15 mission, David Scott dropped a hammer and feather - and Galileo rolled cannonballs down a slope - but does anyone know who first thought up the most simple, mind-bending school lab experiment of all time? Or when it first got used??

It's such a classic, I have to know!

:bugeye:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hooke invented a decent vacuum pump and was a contemporary of Newton
 
mgb_phys said:
Hooke invented a decent vacuum pump and was a contemporary of Newton

I like your thinking... well that was about 1660, so we've narrowed it down to the last 350 years! :wink: