Where are you on the political compass this election?

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Pythagorean
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Compass

What was your result of the test?


  • Total voters
    23
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
108 replies · 16K views
Economic Left/Right: -2.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Andre said:
http://www.politicalcompass.org/charts/crowdgraphpng.php?Greg_B=-2.1%2C-2.97&Barack_Obama=7.5%2C6&aquitaine=1.12%2C-3.08&Lisab=-3.5%2C-4.46&Ryan_m_b=-8%2C-7.7&EricVT=-5.25%2C-3.54&Borek=-3.62%2C-3.69&Jack21222=-4.12%2C-6.10&Andre=-2.4%2C-3.3&sixnein=-6.62%2C-6.36&Evo=-4%2C-0.9&Rootx=1.38%2C-0.46&MicroMass=-4.75%2C-6.46&Angry_Citizen=-8.12%2C-6.15&Pythagorean=-6.12%2C-4.21<div style=[/PLAIN]

[STRIKE]Unfortunately that's the limit of the site, it takes no more names so to see.[/STRIKE] fixed

Greg and Borek are on top of me. All Dalai Lama's and Mandela's

in other words, Physicsforums is full of a bunch of anarcho-socialists.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Despite my dislike of the test, I took it anyway. I find the difference in my placement on the two charts interesting.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/facebook/pcgraphpng.php?ec=7.00&soc=-0.41

nolan.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Pythagorean said:
in other words, Physicsforums is full of a bunch of anarcho-socialists.

I'm curious of how some of our more conservative members would show up.
 
SixNein said:
I'm curious of how some of our more conservative members would show up.
Me too.
 
On Ryan's test, I am a statist, though borderline. I was on the fence on several questions, so flipped a coin to answer. Maybe I'll redo it with the other answer I wanted to select and see how much it changes me.

statist: the marriage of liberal and conservative aspects of big government. Supports both the conservative "family" agenda and the liberal "social" agenda. Supports both major diplomatic and military involvement abroad

attachment.php?attachmentid=52560&d=1351883726.jpg
 
Attachments
  • statist.jpg
    statist.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 915
Jimmy Snyder said:
I didn't answer the quiz. The first question was too silly for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for serving humanity. It's just that if the interests of trans-national corporations are also served, then count me out.

I couldn't finish it either. Too many loaded questions.
 
Dembadon said:
I couldn't finish it either. Too many loaded questions.
Yeah, but since we're all answering the same questions, it's more of a comparison of how you compare to other PFers that took the same test. It's just for fun.
 
I conceder myself as Libertarian/Fiscal Conservative. It is nice to see so many here that lean toward Libertarian.
http://www.politicalcompass.org/printablegraph?ec=3.88&soc=-2.87
 
azdavesoul said:
I conceder myself as Libertarian/Fiscal Conservative. It is nice to see so many here that lean toward Libertarian.
http://www.politicalcompass.org/printablegraph?ec=3.88&soc=-2.87
Im am certainly not a libertarian. I find the placement of the word in the first test to be confusing at best.
 
Economic Left/Right: - 3.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: - 4.26

http://www.politicalcompass.org/facebook/pcgraphpng.php?ec=-3.50&soc=-4.26
 
Last edited by a moderator:
On Ryans:

Your answers suggest that you are a centrist. The yellow star shows generally where you fall within the centrist region of the Nolan Chart.



I think the first test was a little better because it tested for more things.
 
Here's how I score on Ryan's test:

attachment.php?attachmentid=52561&stc=1&d=1351885841.png


I didn't like the test though. I found the questions and answer possibilities very confusing.
 
Attachments
  • Naamloos.png
    Naamloos.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 728
No surprise here.
http://www.politicalcompass.org/printablegraph?ec=-9.12&soc=-6.77
 
Updated

Andre said:
http://www.politicalcompass.org/charts/crowdgraphpng.php?Greg_B=-2.1%2C-2.97&Barack_Obama=7.5%2C6&aquitaine=1.12%2C-3.08&Lisab=-3.5%2C-4.46&Ryan_m_b=-8%2C-7.7&EricVT=-5.25%2C-3.54&Borek=-3.62%2C-3.69&Jack21222=-4.12%2C-6.10&Andre=-2.4%2C-3.3&sixnein=-6.62%2C-6.36&Evo=-4%2C-0.9&Rootx=1.38%2C-0.46&MicroMass=-4.75%2C-6.46&Angry_Citizen=-8.12%2C-6.15&Pythagorean=-6.12%2C-4.21&Gad=-2.5%2C-1.33&Decimator=7.0%2C-0.41&Azdavesoul=3.88%2C-2.87&Mentalist=-3.5%2C-4.26&Daveb=-9.12%2C-6.77<div style=[/PLAIN]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dembadon said:
I couldn't finish it either. Too many loaded questions.

Jimmy said:
I didn't answer the quiz. The first question was too silly for me.

C'mon guys, don't worry, we won't make fun of you if you fail the test. Try not to take it too seriously and give Andre more data points.
 
:biggrin:
 
Attachments
  • Astronuc_political_.png
    Astronuc_political_.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 529
Pythagorean said:
C'mon guys, don't worry, we won't make fun of you if you fail the test. Try not to take it too seriously and give Andre more data points.
OK, but only if it doesn't count toward the final grade.
http://www.politicalcompass.org/facebook/pcgraphpng.php?ec=10&soc=-10
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't correctly pick the poll because I always hover left-right.
 
Here you see the problem
http://www.politicalcompass.org/charts/crowdgraphpng.php?Me=10%2C-10&My_wife=-10%2C10
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I worry about people afraid to post, what did they get that they're afraid to post?
 
http://www.politicalcompass.org/facebook/pcgraphpng.php?ec=-7.00&soc=-5.49
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the second version of Ryan's test. These answers seem to be how I lean strongest.

Still a statist.

Of course, the test has it's own definition of statist. -

statist: the marriage of liberal and conservative aspects of big government. Supports both the conservative "family" agenda and the liberal "social" agenda. Supports both major diplomatic and military involvement abroad

The above definition I mostly agree with.

attachment.php?attachmentid=52567&d=1351897927.jpg
 
Attachments
  • statist 2nd test.jpg
    statist 2nd test.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 626
Last edited:
Jimmy Snyder said:
OK, but only if it doesn't count toward the final grade.
http://www.politicalcompass.org/facebook/pcgraphpng.php?ec=10&soc=-10

Ok, now try to be more serious. Is there a knob I can hook you up to and fine tune until I get the result I'm looking for? Perhaps I should ask your wife :-p
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
I worry about people afraid to post, what did they get that they're afraid to post?
Who?! :bugeye:

ahha nvm, saw micro post below me
 
I wonder why Astronuc and Jimmy Snyder refuse to show their results... What's the matter?? You got the same scores as Hitler and Stalin??
 
I forget my real score. It was somewhere around 4, -7. However, many of the questions could only be answered in ways that were least different from how I actually feel. So even rounding off to one significant digit is probably too many.
http://www.politicalcompass.org/facebook/pcgraphpng.php?ec=4&soc=-7
 
Last edited by a moderator: