Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where are you on the political Compass

1. Dec 18, 2004 #1
    www.politicalcompass.org
    click the "take the test" link at the bottom of the page and tell us where you are on the political compass!!

Economic Left/Right: -5.12
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.28

About the same spot as the Dalai Lama :rofl:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2004 #2

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -7.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.95

I'll just wait for the peace prize to appear on my doorstep :rofl: . Right there with the Dalai Lama & Nelson Mandela.

4. Dec 18, 2004 #3
    Hey Smurfee, that's a great test, having always wondered about my orientation myself.

Score: Economic Left/Right: -3.62
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.41.

I am a cross between the reverend Dalai Lama and Ghandi.

Yes Polly, well done!! :biggrin:

One worry though, we are all so liberal our cells bearly hold together!! :rofl:

5. Dec 18, 2004 #4

EL

Science Advisor

Economic Left/Right: -7.50
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.10

Hmm, didn't know I was that much to the left...in Sweden I quite often agree with the right side...

6. Dec 18, 2004 #5

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Economic: -2.38
    Social: 1.28

There's no international leaders that fall in the lower right quadrant? :confused:

7. Dec 18, 2004 #6
    Economic Left/Right: -7.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56

I'm further to the left than Madiba and the Dalai Lama. That's a good thing right??

8. Dec 18, 2004 #7

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hope so ... there are quite a lot of us here below -7 and so :biggrin: . We can start having chats where we read "Das Capital".

9. Dec 18, 2004 #8
    err, maybe my graph reading skills are getting rough but isnt that score in the top left quadrant? You're just underneath Pope John Paul II

10. Dec 18, 2004 #9

kat

Economic Left/Right: -4.12
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.92

Right next to Mandela....

11. Dec 18, 2004 #10
    I don't believe you. :biggrin:

12. Dec 18, 2004 #11

kat

Lol, and I would have expected you to be up and to the left..right up there with Stalin and Mugabe...and so I say...so???

13. Dec 18, 2004 #12
    :tongue2: Cheating bad bad :biggrin:

14. Dec 18, 2004 #13

kat

wtf, is this aimed at me?
    I'm right there with Cobb and Nader a well!

15. Dec 18, 2004 #14

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I took this about six months ago, and it's interesting that while I now remain is the lower left quadrant as before, I have moved a little toward the center horizontally. I think that's due to reading the excellent litttle book The Market System by Charles Lindblom; it made me see more constructive things in the free market than I had before (but it is by no means a right wing screed!).

For the record, my current scores are Economic, -2.00, Social Lib/Auth -3.74. I still favor legal marijuana and abortion, though I personally have never had either :biggrin: .

16. Dec 18, 2004 #15
    Economic Left/Right: -5.50
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.00

Right near Nelson Mandella and Gandhi.

17. Dec 18, 2004 #16
    Economic Left/Right: -8.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.23

I never knew I was that much to the left... and I live in the U.S.! I guess I should take it easy on the "Strongly Agree/Disagree" responses. Im way off on the chart.

18. Dec 18, 2004 #17

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

What makes you think there's any connection between my score and my questions? Just something to wonder about - no famous right wing libertarian leaders? Doesn't that combination work?

Well, I have to admit, I'm surprised, as well. You're directly opposite George Bush. How did you ever wind up supporting him?

For that matter, how did John Kerry wind up in the top right quadrant? I'm not even sure Kerry's views were closer to mine than Bush's. I supported Kerry more on my impression of the competency level of the two than anything else. I would never consider him a right wing candidate.

19. Dec 18, 2004 #18

kat

It seems anyone in the left lower quandrant is the opposite of Bush...and Kerry. at any rate, if I didn't feel that Kerry was such a huge threat to our country and the Iraqi people (greater then Bush) I probably would have voted Cobb. I didn't vote for Bush the first run around, BTW.

I think the test is deeply flawed, great fun..but deeply flawed. A lot of questions I answered "agree" when that agreement would have been conditional or given with deep reservation.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2004
  20. Dec 18, 2004 #19

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -3.50
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.92

This was fun! :smile:

21. Dec 18, 2004 #20
    Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -0.88
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.10

Guess I'm in the middle!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?