Where Can I Find a Comprehensive Book of Semiconductor Problems with Solutions?

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker being a TA for a semiconductor physics course and asking for book recommendations with problems and solutions. They mention a specific book by Sze and mention wanting more suggestions before making a decision.
Weimin
Hi,

I am going to be a TA for the course semiconductor physics. The course is for the 3rd year undergraduate students so it will start from the very beginning concepts of semiconductors.

Can you suggest some books containing problems about this field, it would be great if the solutions are included?

I tried to search around but to no avail, the closest thing is problems in solid state physics. I still prefer the whole book dedicated to semiconductor problems.

Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sze's classic book Physics of Semiconductor Devices is out in a brand new edition that includes new problems at the end of each chapter.

Last edited:
Thank you, marcusl. I would like to hear other suggestions then will decide later.

Related to Where Can I Find a Comprehensive Book of Semiconductor Problems with Solutions?

1. What is a semiconductor?

A semiconductor is a material that has electrical conductivity between that of a conductor and an insulator. This means that it can both conduct and block electricity, making it useful for a variety of electronic applications.

2. Why are semiconductor problems important?

Semiconductor problems are important because they help scientists and engineers understand the behavior of these materials and develop new technologies using them. They also help troubleshoot issues in existing semiconductor devices.

3. What types of problems are typically covered in a semiconductor problems book?

A semiconductor problems book may cover a wide range of topics, including semiconductor physics, device design and fabrication, materials science, and practical applications. It may also include problems related to semiconductor materials, electronic band structure, and device performance.

4. How can a semiconductor problems book be useful for students?

Studying semiconductor problems allows students to gain a deeper understanding of the principles and concepts behind semiconductor devices. By solving problems, students can also improve their critical thinking and problem-solving skills, which are useful in any scientific or engineering field.

5. Are there any online resources for practicing semiconductor problems?

Yes, there are many online resources available for practicing semiconductor problems, such as websites, forums, and interactive simulations. In addition, many universities and educational institutions offer online courses and tutorials on semiconductor physics and device design, which often include practice problems and quizzes.