Where can I find a source for human leg efficiency of 35%?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Outblaze
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Efficiency
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Outblaze
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I know the leg efficiency for humans is 0.35 (or 35%) but I need a source to corroborate it.

Are there any available links at anyone's disposal that I may use to cite?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If you don't mind my asking, what does it mean, that the leg efficiency is of 35%?

And how is the remaining 65% distributed?
 
I didn't know anything about this, but google gives a very nice article comparing the efficiencies of mice and humans whilst running. Incidentally, the article quotes humans' "leg efficiencies" at up to 50%, depending on a number of factors. The article is, however, written from an athletics point of view, rather than any kind of bio anth.

http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/0950b.htm

Enjoy.
 
Last edited by a moderator: