Where Can I Find Information on Drag Coefficients for Slow Speed Mixers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter B12se-R
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Coefficients Drag
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
B12se-R
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I'm kind of stuck in my search, hoped to be able to find some answers on this board.

Anyways, I've been taksed to design a slow speed mixer and I'm trying to look up information beyond Stokes Law of FD = 6 pi r V u

The fluid to be mixed is approx. 100000 poise, incompressible fluid. I'm trying to find how to approximate a proper drag coefficient and calculate a drag force on a rotating mixer blade. Cross sectional footprint of one tine passing through the fluid is approx. 3" x 1/3". Low speed, so Re << 1. density is 1.3 g/cm3

Can someone throw me a bone please?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
B12se-R said:
I'm kind of stuck in my search, hoped to be able to find some answers on this board.

Anyways, I've been taksed to design a slow speed mixer and I'm trying to look up information beyond Stokes Law of FD = 6 pi r V u

The fluid to be mixed is approx. 100000 poise, incompressible fluid. I'm trying to find how to approximate a proper drag coefficient and calculate a drag force on a rotating mixer blade. Cross sectional footprint of one tine passing through the fluid is approx. 3" x 1/3". Low speed, so Re << 1. density is 1.3 g/cm3

Can someone throw me a bone please?
The mixer manufacturer should supply such fundamental design information on how to use their product.