Where can I find the following coefficients for a car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dohako
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Car Coefficients
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Dohako
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Homework Statement
I need to find coefficients for car, all of them must be about the same car, but I don't kbow where to look, can you help me?
Relevant Equations
m - mass of the WMR
J - moment of inertia of the WMR about G
F_d - driving force
F_f; F_r - front and rear wheel lateral forces
T - time constant of the steering system
u_s - steering control input
K - a constant coefficient (gain)
Fd - (1/r=tau_d), with r the rear wheel radius, and tau_d the applied motor torque.2
Homework Statement: I need to find coefficients for car, all of them must be about the same car, but I don't kbow where to look, can you help me?
Homework Equations: m - mass of the WMR
J - moment of inertia of the WMR about G
F_d - driving force
F_f; F_r - front and rear wheel lateral forces
T - time constant of the steering system
u_s - steering control input
K - a constant coefficient (gain)
Fd - (1/r=tau_d), with r the rear wheel radius, and tau_d the applied motor torque.2

So I tried to look in google, but all I found is same books, from which I took this formulas. The book is "introduction to mobile robot control"
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

I'm guessing that your best chance would be to find the specs on some race car, since all of those things will be part of the car's design. But most race teams would not want to publish such specs outside of the team, I would guess.

I'll ping @Ranger Mike to see if he has any ideas...