Where can i find quality '(not wikipedia) materialdata

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for good quality data on a specific metal material, 11SMnPb30 + C (SS 1914), for mass production purposes. The speaker also expresses interest in finding a program to specify thermal expansion and receive material suggestions. Suggestions for resources include matweb.com, the CRC Handbook, and the CES edupack software. The speaker also mentions that yield stress data can be found on mcmaster.
Utvinge
Hey, where can I find good quality '(not wikipedia) data on a metal material?

Mainly I want as much data as possible about 11SMnPb30 + C (SS 1914). It is a leaded-cutting steel for mass production of parts where the requirements on the mechanical properties are low.

Would also be nice to have a list / program where I can specify the thermal expansion and then get the materials proposed.

much gratitude!

Engineering news on Phys.org
The CRC (Chemical Rubber Company) Handbook:
http://www.hbcpnetbase.com/
has been the best source of such information for years.

You might look into the software program called CES edupack.

matweb which was already mentioned. Plus if your looking for yield stresses mcmaster will normally provide that data also.

1. Where can I find quality material data?

There are several reputable sources for quality material data. Some examples include government websites such as the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI). Additionally, scholarly databases such as Google Scholar and ScienceDirect can provide reliable material data from published research articles.

2. How do I know if the material data is reliable?

To ensure the reliability of material data, it is important to verify the source and check for any potential biases. Look for data that has been published in peer-reviewed journals or is backed by reputable organizations. It may also be helpful to cross-reference the data with other reliable sources.

3. Can I trust material data from websites like Wikipedia?

While Wikipedia can be a useful starting point for research, it is not considered a reliable source for material data. This is because anyone can contribute and edit information on Wikipedia, which can lead to inaccuracies and biases. It is best to use other sources for material data.

4. Are there any free databases for material data?

Yes, there are several free databases available for material data. Some examples include the Materials Project, the Open Material Properties Library, and the Materials Data Facility. These databases are constantly updated and provide access to a wide range of material data.

5. How do I access material data from academic journals?

Most academic journals require a subscription to access their content. However, many universities and research institutions have subscriptions to these journals, which can be accessed through their library websites. Some journals also offer open access options, where the articles can be downloaded for free.