Where can I find top research opportunities for studying quantum information?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 5K views
Dorilian
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
What is the best place to do a PhD in quantum information?

I want to do research on quantum entanglement and quantum teleportation.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey,

I'm totally biased, but you might want to check out the http://iqc.uwaterloo.ca/" . There are tonnes of big quantum info names there, like Ray Laflamme, Michelle Mosca, Frank Wilhelm, David Cory, Richard Cleve, etc. Not to mention the Canadian government and Mike Lazaridis are pumping money into IQC. The University of Waterloo (with which IQC is affiliated) just created a new quantum information program. I don't know much of the specifics, but it's probably a good start.

Obviously, MIT is another good place, but I think that goes without saying.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Kreizhn said:
Hey,

I'm totally biased, but you might want to check out the http://iqc.uwaterloo.ca/" . There are tonnes of big quantum info names there, like Ray Laflamme, Michelle Mosca, Frank Wilhelm, David Cory, Richard Cleve, etc. Not to mention the Canadian government and Mike Lazaridis are pumping money into IQC. The University of Waterloo (with which IQC is affiliated) just created a new quantum information program. I don't know much of the specifics, but it's probably a good start.

Obviously, MIT is another good place, but I think that goes without saying.

What about the quantum optics, quantum nanophysics and quantum information group of the University of Vienna? led by Anton Zeilinger.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, I personally cannot give you any more detail than that. I'm a member of IQC but my work isn't with information theory. Hopefully someone else is knowledgeable.
 
theory or experiment?

Anton Zeilinger is an experimentalist. If you are more interested in the theoretical aspect, you should check out Peter Zoller's group at the University of Innsbruck.

You might also be interested in joining Juan Ignacio Cirac's group at the Max Planck Institute for Quantum Optics in Garching, Muenchen. Here's a link:
www.qccc.de