1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where can I study (research) Loop Quantum Gravity?

1. Oct 8, 2015 #1
    Thank you for opening this Thread
    I am kind of new here and this is my first time to post so I apologize if I did something wrong

So my question is where can I study/ research Loop Quantum Gravity
    I have checked fair amount of grad school websites and compared to Super String, I have not yet found a place where they openly say they research LQG
    Currently I am a undergrad in Japan and possibly start my Bachelor thesis in a year
    Since i am considering to get a PhD in physics I thought it would be great to see what kind of grad school actually research on what I am interested in

Thank you for reading and It will be great if you could answer my question

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 8, 2015 #2
    LSU does work in LQG I believe.

4. Oct 8, 2015 #3
    I guess that is Louisiana State University and would that research lab be Professor Singh's lab? Thank you very much !

5. Oct 8, 2015 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Er... one doesn't do research work in LQG in a "lab". After all, what "experiment" can there be since this all highly theoretical and hypothetical?

Coming back to your original question, if you are already at this stage, then you should have read several papers in this area, and especially in the specific topic that you are interested in. Weren't you able to look at those papers and check the affiliations of the authors? That is the quickest way to know who is doing what, and at what institution.

Zz.

6. Oct 8, 2015 #5
    thank you for your reply
    Ah come to think of it
    yes the word i shouldve used is the word institution, didnt come to mind

I didnt think of that, and I guess I will try it out
    Though it would be nice not to just learn not only which institution researches LQG but also which institution is good at/ put strength to LQG research

Anyway Thank You for your advice!!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook