Where could I ask this kind of questions?

• Thread starter tamtam402
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a well-written book called "Mathematical Methods in the Physical Sciences" by Boas, which covers various mathematics useful for physics and engineering students. However, there is no solution manual available and the person is looking for a website or forum to ask specific questions from the book. They mention trying Google but not finding any solutions.
tamtam402
I'm a soon to be engineering student and I picked up a copy of Mathematical Methods in the Physical Sciences by Boas. It's a well written book that covers a wide variety of mathematics useful for physics and engineering undergrads, such as series, ODE, PDE's, calculus of variations etc.

However, no solution manual with complete answers exists, and since I'm self-learning some questions pretty much stump me.

What would be the best website to ask specific questions from this book? I'm used to asking questions to my teachers if I need pointers, so I don't even know if there's a website/forum for this kind of things.

Edit: By the way I suppose this is the kind of stuff I could ask here, but if there's a website with more active users, I'd rather post there to hopefully get answers faster and start progressing again in the book!

Mathematics news on Phys.org
www.google.com . Boas is not an obscure book. Solutions exist online.

fss said:
www.google.com . Boas is not an obscure book. Solutions exist online.

Hello, unfortunately I tried googling before asking here and that lead me nowhere. Consider myself beat on this one: would you mind linking to me the solutions you found using google?

Thanks again!

No, because I don't know what question you are troubled with. Google your question and, perhaps with a little digging, you'll probably find the answer.

I would recommend reaching out to online communities or forums specifically for physics and engineering students. Some popular ones include Physics Forums, Engineering Stack Exchange, and Reddit's r/Physics and r/EngineeringStudents. These communities have a large number of active users who are knowledgeable in the subject and may be able to provide helpful insights and solutions to your questions. Additionally, you can also try reaching out to your university's physics or engineering department for resources or study groups where you can ask questions and get help from peers or professors. Good luck with your studies!

1. Where can I find a community of experts to ask my scientific questions?

The best place to find a community of experts is on online forums and discussion boards dedicated to your specific field of science. These forums often have active members who are knowledgeable and willing to help answer questions.

2. Is there a specific website or resource for asking scientific questions?

Yes, there are several websites and resources that are specifically designed for asking scientific questions. Some popular ones include Reddit's "AskScience" community, Quora, and ResearchGate.

3. Can I ask my scientific questions on social media platforms?

While social media platforms can be a good resource for general information, they may not have a dedicated community of experts to answer your scientific questions. It's best to use platforms specifically designed for asking scientific questions.

4. Are there any rules or guidelines for asking scientific questions online?

Yes, it's important to follow certain rules and guidelines when asking scientific questions online. Be specific and provide enough context, use proper grammar and spelling, and be respectful to fellow users. It's also important to cite any sources or references you use.

5. Can I ask personal or opinion-based questions on science forums?

Most science forums and communities are focused on factual and evidence-based discussions, so personal or opinion-based questions may not be appropriate. It's best to stick to questions that can be answered with scientific evidence and data.