Where could I ask this kind of questions?

• Thread starter tamtam402
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I'm a soon to be engineering student and I picked up a copy of Mathematical Methods in the Physical Sciences by Boas. It's a well written book that covers a wide variety of mathematics useful for physics and engineering undergrads, such as series, ODE, PDE's, calculus of variations etc.

However, no solution manual with complete answers exists, and since I'm self-learning some questions pretty much stump me.

What would be the best website to ask specific questions from this book? I'm used to asking questions to my teachers if I need pointers, so I don't even know if there's a website/forum for this kind of things.

Edit: By the way I suppose this is the kind of stuff I could ask here, but if there's a website with more active users, I'd rather post there to hopefully get answers faster and start progressing again in the book!

Answers and Replies

fss
www.google.com . Boas is not an obscure book. Solutions exist online.

www.google.com . Boas is not an obscure book. Solutions exist online.
Hello, unfortunately I tried googling before asking here and that lead me nowhere. Consider myself beat on this one: would you mind linking to me the solutions you found using google?

Thanks again!

fss
No, because I don't know what question you are troubled with. Google your question and, perhaps with a little digging, you'll probably find the answer.