Hassani's books on Mathematical Physics/Methods

Parisi
By looking around, it seems like Dr. Hassani's books are great for studying "mathematical methods for the physicist/engineer." One is for the beginner physicist [Mathematical Methods: For Students of Physics and Related Fields] and the other is [Mathematical Physics: A Modern Introduction to Its Foundations] for the advanced undergraduate / grad student.

I'm a sophomore undergrad and I have taken up the standard calculus sequence (~3sems) and ODEs. I want to self study ahead in mathematics to do well in future physics courses and also research. Would it be a good idea to start with Hassani's undergraduate book then look into his graduate one, or skip to Mathematical Physics? Or are there any other books that are comprehensive and mathematically rigorous under this branch of books on mathematical methods for the physicist/engineer?

Physics news on Phys.org
Parisi said:
Or are there any other books that are comprehensive and mathematically rigorous under this branch of books on mathematical methods for the physicist/engineer?
I can personally recommend this textbook by our very own professor @Orodruin

1709657672556.png

https://www.amazon.com/Mathematical...ring-Mattias/dp/113805688X/?tag=pfamazon01-20

• Love
Likes Parisi and Orodruin
BTW, if you follow the Amazon link above, you can use the "Read Sample" link below the image to look through the first few pages of the book, including the Table of Contents. This should help to give you an idea of what-all the textbook covers. :smile: