Where do I find Nonlinear Susceptibility Tensor Values?

In summary, the person is asking for help in finding explicit values of non-linear susceptibility tensor values for crystals, specifically a BBO crystal. They mention that they are looking for values for incident 800 nm light and would appreciate any help in finding them. They are advised to start with a literature search and a link to an article is provided. They are also asked if they have found anything on their own.
ggb123
Hi, everyone. I am having a hard time finding explicit values of non-linear susceptibility tensor values for any sort of crystals. Specifically, I'm looking for values of a BBO crystal, but I would like to know where to find others for my future research.

I should say that I am looking for the case of incident 800 nm light, but, at this point, anything pointing me in the right direction would be enough.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is a nonlinear susceptibility tensor?

A nonlinear susceptibility tensor is a mathematical quantity that describes the response of a material to an applied electromagnetic field. It is a tensor because it has both magnitude and direction, and it is nonlinear because it depends on the intensity of the applied field.

2. Why do we need to know the values of the nonlinear susceptibility tensor?

The values of the nonlinear susceptibility tensor are important for understanding the nonlinear optical properties of a material. These properties can be used in applications such as laser technology, telecommunications, and medical imaging.

3. Where can I find the values of the nonlinear susceptibility tensor?

The values of the nonlinear susceptibility tensor can be found in various sources, such as scientific literature, databases, and handbooks. It is important to note that these values may vary depending on the source and the experimental conditions.

4. How are the values of the nonlinear susceptibility tensor measured?

The values of the nonlinear susceptibility tensor are typically measured using nonlinear optical techniques, such as second-harmonic generation and third-harmonic generation. These techniques involve shining a laser beam on the material and measuring the intensity of the generated higher harmonics.

5. Can the values of the nonlinear susceptibility tensor be predicted or calculated?

In some cases, the values of the nonlinear susceptibility tensor can be predicted or calculated using theoretical models and simulations. However, these calculations can be complex and may not always accurately reflect the experimental values. Therefore, experimental measurements are still necessary to determine the values of the nonlinear susceptibility tensor.