Where to buy pressure and temperature tank gauges?

In summary, the conversation revolved around finding a tank gauge that can read both pressure and temperature for compressed air. Suggestions were made to check out Northern Tool, Lowe's, Home Depot, McMaster, Omega, Neilsen Kellerman, and Davies instruments. The original poster is also looking for a compressed air tank with a temperature gauge attached.
waddlecaudle
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy tank gauges that read both the pressure and temperature inside the tank. They can be digital, in fact if it is cheap enough it would be preferred. Does anybody have any ideas? Northern Tool at least the one here didn't, Lowe's didn't, and Home Depot didn't. Scuba shops have some but not at the ranges I need (1-50psi and 0- ~500 degrees F).

Engineering news on Phys.org
Sorry, forgot to mention I need it for compressed air. Not a liquid :)

http://www.omega.com/" can be expensive but they have most everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
check with Neilsen Kellerman, they have all sorts of equipment and may be able to custom make. I get my Kestrel there. http://www.nkhome.com Also, Davies instruments.

Thank you for the help, I am communicating with the first 2 companies via email. Another thing that might help is if anyone knows if there is a compressed air tank with a temperature gauge, attached that will work too :) Pressure gauges for compressed air are very easy to find, I am just having trouble finding a temperature gauge for the medium :(

1. Where can I purchase pressure and temperature tank gauges?

Pressure and temperature tank gauges can be purchased at most hardware stores, industrial supply stores, and online retailers. It is important to ensure that the gauge you purchase is suitable for your specific needs and the type of tank you are using.

2. How do I know which pressure and temperature tank gauge is right for my application?

The type of gauge you need will depend on factors such as the size and type of tank, the required accuracy of measurement, and the intended use of the tank. It is recommended to consult with a knowledgeable salesperson or do research to determine the best gauge for your specific needs.

3. Are there different types of pressure and temperature tank gauges?

Yes, there are various types of pressure and temperature tank gauges available, including analog and digital gauges, as well as gauges designed for specific types of tanks, such as propane or oil tanks. It is important to choose the appropriate type for your specific application.

4. Can I install a pressure and temperature tank gauge myself?

The installation of a pressure and temperature tank gauge should only be done by a trained professional, as it requires knowledge of the specific tank and the proper installation procedures. Improper installation can lead to inaccurate readings and potentially dangerous situations.

5. What should I do if my pressure and temperature tank gauge is not working properly?

If you notice that your gauge is not functioning correctly, it is important to have it inspected and potentially replaced by a professional. A malfunctioning gauge can lead to inaccurate readings and compromise the safety and functionality of your tank.