Where to Find a Budget-Friendly Crimp Tool for PCB Connectors?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jdo300
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Wire
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Jdo300
Messages
548
Reaction score
5
Hello All,

I'm going to have to make some plug connectors for a PCB I'm working on and they use these crimp pins here:

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=H1500-ND

I'm trying to find a simple crimp tool for them that won't cost me my lunch money for the rest of the year :-p

I found this one here at Digi-Key for $59.95 that I *think* will work fo the above pins: http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=AV4999-ND but I'm wondering if anyone knows of another one that can do the same thing but costs less? Or are they all this expensive?

Thanks,
Jason O
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Generally all crimp tools are expensive and don't work well unless you get the correct tool, and use the correct wire.
For a few connections you can just use needle nose pliers but it's tricky and takes time.