Where to Find Affordable Multicolor 3D Printers?
- Thread starter BillTre
- Start date
-
- Tags
- 3d 3d printing files Printing
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
- 20,002
- 11,121
Someone has to try one of these! I wish I had a 3d printer. Anyone got suggestions at a reasonable price?
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,857
- 12,729
Here is a description of a new multicolor printer for something like $500.Greg Bernhardt said:Anyone got suggestions at a reasonable price?
The 3D printer market is changing quickly these days. There used to a a place where I would send people for an overview of available printers (consumer and professional) but I think they gave up because of too many new companies and rapid changes.
I would recommend looking into anything you might want to buy before purchasing it.
Keeping complex features to a minimum might also make later used easier.
I bought a printer several years ago. It has two extruder nozzles for doing two kinds (or colors) in the same printing. This is cool, but there was not a good way to adjust them relative to each other.
Because they came not at exactly equal height and there was no adjuster screw, I had to remove the extruders from that which holds them, make a bunch of shims and try a variety out until I got them perfectly equal in height.
A self-leveling print surface is now pretty normal as I understand and would reduce fiddling.
Similar threads
- fog37
- · Replies 2 ·
- Computing and Technology
- Replies
- 2
- zoltrix
- · Replies 1 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 1
- Rorkster2
- · Replies 4 ·
- Computing and Technology
- Replies
- 4
- fog37
- · Replies 5 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 5
- GTOM
- · Replies 2 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 2
- physior
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Engineering
- Replies
- 1
- banfillb
- · Replies 9 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 9
- Ravaner
- · Replies 5 ·
- Electrical Engineering
- Replies
- 5
- uuurrrgh
- · Replies 2 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 2
- themadquark
- · Replies 1 ·
- Electrical Engineering
- Replies
- 1