Where to find answers for "Mechanical Vibration" textbook (Haym Baneroya)?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mohrcircle
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Textbook Vibration
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Mohrcircle
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
IF90wCIDL_Mpv-XAjFUl_OkJZZK7JDPy87p8VbAIwKKMpqkKkxKDTERxxcESlkBb9j6bpHNUiKNivhEbRUQxxIZl29ORLjhK.jpg

I really liked this book but the problems don't have answers at all (not even numerical one's at the back of the book). There is not even a solution manual to download or buy online. How am I supposed to use this book otherwise?
 
Attachments
  • IF90wCIDL_Mpv-XAjFUl_OkJZZK7JDPy87p8VbAIwKKMpqkKkxKDTERxxcESlkBb9j6bpHNUiKNivhEbRUQxxIZl29ORLjhK.jpg
    IF90wCIDL_Mpv-XAjFUl_OkJZZK7JDPy87p8VbAIwKKMpqkKkxKDTERxxcESlkBb9j6bpHNUiKNivhEbRUQxxIZl29ORLjhK.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 734
Physics news on Phys.org
Instructor Solution Manuals are not generally available to students (even those who are self-studying). Your best bet may be to find a similar textbook that does publish the solutions to half of the problems in the back of the book...
 
Mohrcircle said:
How am I supposed to use this book otherwise?

The intended use is this way: (1) you read the book, (2) you think carefully about what it says, (3) you work the problems on your own, and (4) you check your answers. You'll be amazed at how well it works and how much you will learn.
 
Dr.D said:
(4) you check your answers.
Check them by doing the problems two different ways? Is that what you mean?
 
Sometimes doing the problem by a second method is the best way. Other times, you can simply substitute your final results back into your initial equations to verify that you do in fact have a solution. This last presumes that you had the correct equations to start.

PS: The ot her check that should always be done is the "reasonableness check." Does the answer make sense, or is it out of the ball park?
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
I guess I will use good old inman book for problems for now. Thanks for help anyways.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman