Where to Gain Clinical Experience for a Transition into Medical Physics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Rad0302
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Greetings,
I have a PhD in Biomedical Physics, research in radiation biology and now a faculty position in cell and molecular biology. I want to return to medical physics but I lack the clinical courses needed, what is the best route to get this experience? Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Depends entirely on where you live.

If you're in the US or Canada, the best route is to find a CAMPEP accredited medical physics residency program. There aren't a lot of them so competition is pretty high.

Alternatively, try to find a non-accredited program or a post-doc position that will offer you the clinical experience.

In the very near future (2012 I believe), eligibility to take the ABR certification exam will require completion of a CAMPEP accredited training program.