1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Which book is good for 1st and 2nd year

1. Jun 4, 2015 #1
    I think first and second years of engineering are same for all branches worldwide.
    Is the syllabus different in other countries or same for 1st and 2nd years?
    Well I haven't gone to a university yet but do the university people tell us which book to buy or we have to decide on our own?

It will be helpful if you can suggest me a book.
    I guess for engineering mathematics and physics etc. there are different books.
    So which are the good one from your experience?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 7, 2015 #2

RaulTheUCSCSlug

Gold Member

Well generally you begin with calculus based physics, and well a calculus series. I have seen this to be very common and I am taking my schools introductory calculus/physics courses. For calculus, I would actually recommend khan academy, but as for a book I can not recommend one since my school used an online book/series. But a good physics book is Halliday Resnick Walker Fundamentals of Physics, which you could find a free .pdf with very little work online. The book my school uses is Giancoli Physics 4th Edition. (It has very good problems and derivations, but a bit confusing if you ask me.)

4. Jun 11, 2015 #3

verty

Homework Helper

Kline (calculus) or Irodov (Fundamental Laws of Mechanics) are good.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted