Which design criteria should I follow for an eddy current sensor coil?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
naibes
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I have some problems designing the coil of an eddy current sensor.
I've been searching for some information in different pages and each of it has some criterion for the desing.
I would like to know if anyone knows which criterion must I follow to achieve a successful desing.

for any sugestion please email me at naibes@yahoo.es
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
where do you want to measure eddy currents?
 
Last edited:
I want to measure the voltage variations that occur because of the movement of a non-magnetic target near a pot-core coil.

where? Let's say on a extreme operating conditions
 
the answer is 0.
if you disagree please, give more details.
where? let's say on any kind of conditions