shneebnee
- 1
- 0
I’m choosing between two master's thesis projects.
One is gravitational-wave modelling for LIGO-related stuff, mostly numerical code optimisation, C, Fortran, JAX, GPU/CUDA and HPC.
The other is telescope data reconstruction for AtLAST/MUSTANG-2, mainly Python/JAX, GPU computing, bayesian inference.
I like both. I mainly care about which one would leave me with better job opportunities after the MSc, especially in Europe if I’m applying normally without connections.
Are these actually quite similar career-wise. I'm pretty sure I'm over-analyzing all of this. I asked my coordinator and she told me to follow what interests me the most. I just wanted some advice please
One is gravitational-wave modelling for LIGO-related stuff, mostly numerical code optimisation, C, Fortran, JAX, GPU/CUDA and HPC.
The other is telescope data reconstruction for AtLAST/MUSTANG-2, mainly Python/JAX, GPU computing, bayesian inference.
I like both. I mainly care about which one would leave me with better job opportunities after the MSc, especially in Europe if I’m applying normally without connections.
Are these actually quite similar career-wise. I'm pretty sure I'm over-analyzing all of this. I asked my coordinator and she told me to follow what interests me the most. I just wanted some advice please