Which of these courses is best for an ME major?

  • Topic: Programs 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Elbobo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Courses Major
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Elbobo
Messages
145
Reaction score
0
Advanced Calculus for Applications I
Matrices and Matrics Calculations
Theory of Functions of a Complex Variable
Vector and Tensor Analysis I
Partial Differential Equations and Applications
Fourier and Laplace Transformations
Fourier and Laplace Transformations
Introductory Biology I
Principles of Chemistry II
Physical Geology
Introduction to Geology
Geologic Engineering
Modern Physics for Engineers


These are all the natural science/math electives required of the ME undergrad program at Univeristy of Texas at Austin. I'm trying to figure out which classes would benefit me the most in my studies and future career, NOT just "broaden my horizon."

Could someone rank his top 4 picks out of these courses for an ME major?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
matrices, PDE's, Fourier transforms, advanced calculus.

but if you really want to benefit yourself, why not just take more upper level ME classes? or audit a grad course?
 
I MUST select classes from one of those choices. It's a requirement.

Thanks BTW!