Which region of the World are you from?
- Thread starter mishrashubham
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
44 replies · 6K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Jimmy Snyder
- 1,137
- 22
True. However, I live nearby in the People's Democratic Republic of Northern South Jersey. The only place on Earth where people speak English without an accent.mishrashubham said:Isn't Philadelphia in USA?
mishrashubham
- 599
- 1
lisab said:Oh I like this idea! I'm at row 16, column 8.
I likw it too! I am at row 24 column 46.
mishrashubham
- 599
- 1
Jimmy Snyder said:True. However, I live nearby in the People's Democratic Republic of Northern South Jersey. The only place on Earth where people speak English without an accent.
haha. For a moment I thoughr that really was such a country (I also googled it just to be sure).
HossamCFD
- 63
- 181
Would you consider Egypt in the middle east or north Africa ? (I believe it's in both)
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,100
OK, guys, 3 data points does not an exciting map make...
http://www.davesbrain.ca/miscpix/blogpix/world_map.png
http://www.davesbrain.ca/miscpix/blogpix/world_map.png
Homework Helper
- 2,286
- 0
mishrashubham said:This is just a small poll so that I could know how diverse the people here at PF are. Also it is not public if anyone has privacy issues. I have given my vote already.
Do you mean where people are born, where they grew up, or where they're living now?
HossamCFD
- 63
- 181
DaveC426913 said:OK, guys, 3 data points does not an exciting map make...
http://www.davesbrain.ca/miscpix/blogpix/world_map.png
That's a good idea. I'm column 38, row 21
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,100
He said are.ideasrule said:Do you mean where people are born, where they grew up, or where they're living now?
Also, you haven't listed your coordinates.
New thread rule: You post, you supply your coords. *
* the grumpy is bolded but it doesn't show
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,050
- 614
DaveC426913 said:OK, guys, 3 data points does not an exciting map make...
http://www.davesbrain.ca/miscpix/blogpix/world_map.png
Wow, it's almost linear!
mishrashubham
- 599
- 1
ideasrule said:Do you mean where people are born, where they grew up, or where they're living now?
Where you have spent most of your life.
mishrashubham
- 599
- 1
Hey Dave awesome idea! It could turn out to be one of those wikipedia maps.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choropleth_map[/URL]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choropleth_map[/URL]
Last edited by a moderator:
mishrashubham
- 599
- 1
lisab said:Wow, it's almost linear!
wow yeah!
jobyts
- 226
- 60
Why Krakosia is not in the map?
Similar threads
- ellieee
- · Replies 3 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 3
- ellieee
- · Replies 3 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 3
- pinkie9211
- · Replies 3 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 3
- Danielk010
- · Replies 0 ·
- Advanced Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 0
- billiards
- · Replies 6 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 6
- PainterGuy
- · Replies 25 ·
- Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology
- Replies
- 25
- Zmunk
- · Replies 6 ·
- Sci-Fi Writing and World Building
- Replies
- 6
- jamesb1
- · Replies 3 ·
- Calculus and Beyond Homework Help
- Replies
- 3
- find_the_fun
- · Replies 1 ·
- Differential Equations
- Replies
- 1
Undergrad
Multivariate Calculus for a Game World
- gibberingmouther
- · Replies 5 ·
- Calculus
- Replies
- 5