Which South Carolina School is Best for a Master's in Electrical Engineering?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
bengaltiger14
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
Electrical Engineering school please help...

Does any have any good recommendations for a School to get a masters in Electrical Engineering in or near South carolina? The university of South Carolina is close and so is Clemson University. I already have an associates in Electronics Engineering Technology and want to pursue my education further. Any opinions on these two schools??
 
Physics news on Phys.org
USC and Clemson are decent schools. If you're willing to move out of state, the University of Georgia, Georgia Tech, North Caorlina State, Virginia Tech, and more are all within a few hours' drive.

Keep in mind that you'll need to complete a bachelor's degree before applying to any master's programs.

- Warre
 
chroot said:
USC and Clemson are decent schools. If you're willing to move out of state, the University of Georgia, Georgia Tech, North Caorlina State, Virginia Tech, and more are all within a few hours' drive.

Keep in mind that you'll need to complete a bachelor's degree before applying to any master's programs.

- Warre

and most likely a bachelors in electrical engineer, not electrical engineering technology...there's a big difference...and most EE bachelors programs don't except a lot of EE technology credits for transfer. You'd have to check with your specific program.
 
I know I need a bachelors before a masters. My Engineering techonology credit do not transfer to electrical engineering schools. I decided on a transfer in Electrical about three quarters of the way into my Technology degree.
 
I'm honestly not really even sure I understand what an "Engineering Technology" degree involves.

- Warren
 
Basically all we did in Engineering Technology was learn how to analyze circuit, learned how to use to O-scope and all the other meters,and we learned how to construct circuits from schematics. We did not get into the circuit design and all of that fun stuff.