White Holes & Eternal Black Holes: Stephen D.H. Hsu

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter bcrowell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Holes Paper
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
0 replies · 2K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Messages
6,723
Reaction score
431
White holes and eternal black holes
Stephen D.H. Hsu
http://arxiv.org/abs/1007.2934

I though this was very interesting, and partially cleared up some of the confusion I'd had about this topic in the past. The introductory section is very nontechnical and accessible.

One thing that wasn't very clear to me was whether the entire paper only tells us anything interesting about microscopic black and white holes, or whether it also tells us something useful about macroscopic ones.

He says that white holes explode into radiation. I guess there would have to be some kind of time-scale for this process. But when does the clock start ticking on that time? He doesn't seem to explicitly consider the process of formation of a white hole, so that issue seems muddy to me.