Who is the Funniest Person at PF?

• Thread starter Les Sleeth
  • Start date
Math Is Hard said:
heck, that won't even buy you a one-bedroom condo in Los Angeles. :rofl:
Ain't that the truth.. in fact, the average home cost in california is about 340K.. even a million won't put you on the beach.. it's really sad..

so sad,
but at least you can drive good car.

Les Sleeth
Gold Member
Saint said:
I am not funny, nor rediculous.I am very serious to express my opinions here, I don't hide my feeling and thinking, I am honest, straightforward.

Different people have different cultural background and experiences of life,
therefore we see the same thing but have different conclusions.

I am not like those who say onething and do another thing.
Just so you know, when I nominated you it wasn't because I was trying to ridicule you. Later that night, after I started this thread, I fretted and had trouble sleeping because I thought you might take it that way.

Me, I am pushing 60, so I tend to look at youthful concepts about reality tolerantly if they aren't mean. Since I've been here you have consistently made me laugh with your questions and psychological dilemmas over life choices and situations. That, combined with your apparent complete openness and honesty about what you feel and think is refreshingly funny and enjoyable. Although I can't say I agree with you on most things, I like your candor.

Les, i believe you're sincere,
I am always in dilemma, i wanna do things exceed my capability,
i wanna something better than what i already have, is that wrong?
i have many ambitions, but i can't achieve them all, partly due to my situation is not in good stand to materialize them, i am very upset and feel life is no meaning .

Saint said:
i have many ambitions, but i can't achieve them all, partly due to my situation is not in good stand to materialize them, i am very upset and feel life is no meaning .
lol, that is funny. I see what everyone is talking about.

Les Sleeth
Gold Member
Saint said:
No, I don't think it is wrong to want to improve oneself or one's living situation. But possibly the way you are wanting is what's making you unhappy. I too desire to possess some things I don't have. I also have some things that I am now enjoying, and I have things I'm in the process of acquiring. I'll tell you a story which, although it might not seem like it, does have a point.

I like to cook, and over the last three years I've managed to improve and increase many of my cooking tools. I still have a long list of things I want, mostly the more expensive items. While I save or plan for them, I am fully appreciating what I have.

One almost sacred event my wife and I share is pizza night on Saturday. I've been making pizza for many years, constantly tweaking the recipe, experimenting, and researching how others do it. I watch all the pizza shows on the Food Channel, and I roam websites where they talk about it (pizzamaking.com and encylopizza.com are two great sites).

I've learned how ascorbic acid helps dough rise, about mixing the ingredients for the first dough rise so they end up at about 78 degrees, about the high protein flour most pizza shops use, letting dough rise overnight in an airtight container to increase fermentation, a place to buy vine-ripened tomatoes for sauce that are unblanched (heat damages freshness/sweetness) and without citric acid (makes them sour) . . . and lots more.

I found out pizza dough does best when cooked fast and hot, so I managed to buy a countertop commercial pizza oven (:tongue2: love it!!!!). I've got a 500 watt mixer for kneading the dough. I discovered the heat retention properties of soapstone and have a great serving stone that keeps the pizza hot while we eat it. I've got a recipe my friends would kill for, but since I won't give it to them, I have them groveling at my feet to make it for them :cool:, and I have my wife at my mercy -- you know, "do what I say or NO PIZZA FOR YOU!" (If you believe that I'll sell you the Goldengate Bridge.)

I've told you this exciting story :zzz: so I could segue to talking about how much fun I've had building and learning all that over the years. I enjoyed experimenting, I enjoyed looking forward to buying better stuff, and I enjoyed what I had too. I'm still looking forward to when I can afford a woodburning oven, but since I can't, I enjoy reading about them.

My point is that you don't have to let your desires make you discontent. If you focus on what you don't have, and on what you can't do while you are lusting after what you want, that will make you discontent every time! But if you enjoy want you do have and what you can do while still having your plans (realistic I hope), then it is possible to enjoy the journey. Really the idea is to arrange your priorites properly, so the focus is first on doing and achieving and enjoying, rather than on having first. For me, it is great fun to be so interested in life.

Last edited:
Saint said:
My diagnosis is, you might be suffering from bipolar or ADD. :wink:
Don't worry me too.

funny and humorous differs in meaning.

no one is funny here, we are all equally wise and stupid, equally strong and weak.

But if you enjoy want you do have and what you can do while still having your plans (realistic I hope), then it is possible to enjoy the journey. Really the idea is to arrange your priorites properly, so the focus is first on doing and achieving and enjoying, rather than on having first. For me, it is great fun to be so interested in life.
make sense,
i consider your advice seriously, if i have any conclusion about my problem, i will share with you

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
A philosophical medal for Les!

I second that. Les you wrote beautifully, as always, and can make pizza too! Are you sure you still want to go to a higher level of attainment? Sounds like you already are there!

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Les Sleeth said:
One almost sacred event my wife and I share is pizza night on Saturday. I've been making pizza for many years, constantly tweaking the recipe, experimenting, and researching how others do it. I watch all the pizza shows on the Food Channel, and I roam websites where they talk about it (pizzamaking.com and encylopizza.com are two great sites).
Mmm. Pizza :tongue2:

Did you ever see "Dirty Deeds"? (It has John Goodman in it as an American mobster trying to expand the gaming business to Australia. Not exactly a classic, but entertaining anyway.)

amwbonfire
Ahhh!

I'm not on the list! But I'm funny!

*cries*

People see me on the street, and just burst out laughing. Now don't tell me that's not funny.

*Puts self on the funny list*

*Giggles*

*Runs and hides*

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg Bernhart is the funniest.

Saint said:
so sad,
but at least you can drive good car.
That's true, who needs a house when you have good car

Jimmy P's posts always make me laugh

you can't stay in car

Saint is funny. :smile:

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Saint said:
you can't stay in car
Buy a bigger car. If you park at Walmart, you can sometimes even plug in your extension cord. :biggrin:

jimmy p
Gold Member
Mattius_ said:
w00t! I have a new best friend!!

Mattius_ said:
Especially those ones about him having a girlfriend.

anyone stay in 5 stars hotel everyday?

Saint said:
anyone stay in 5 stars hotel everyday?
Sounds like the opposite of home. Home Sweet Home. Couldn't live a half star life without it. Bless me little house. :smile:

The Bob (2004 ©)