Who is the smartest person alive today?

• Thread starter timejim
  • Start date
Originally posted by The_Professional
Sports: Michael Jordan, the guy's a totally awesome baseball player especially when he hits those home runs. He's just amazing.
Am I the first person to catch this? MJ played basketball;).

I think the smartest person alive is..whatever chroot said...because hes always right.

Someday I hope I am as knowledgeable as all of you people.

Originally posted by Decker
He also played baseball for the White Sox Minor League team for about a season.

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
What's the difference between being 'seen' as Smart and being 'seen' as a Genius?
Are you asking me? [?]

A genius is smarter, than just being smart.

Originally posted by kenikov
Aren't IQ tests biased?

What if a person isn't good at taking timed tests?
I did not say that IQ tests is the one and only righteous truth. You do have a point. I am not good at taking timed tests as far as I know, but I know how to solve the problems/tasks. I have taken very few IQ tests and neither of them were completed. I like these tests, not because they let you know what level you are on, but because they are good brain-teasers and goo thought-practise.

Are you good at timed tests?

NewChange
Mega-genius Jim Diamond has an immeasurable IQ based on all major IQ tests to date. His genius isn't limited to a specific subject but rather everything.

He claims to have a genius formula which I haven't verified. But having read the content on his web-page (http://www.mega-genius.com), I consider him a candidate as one of the smartest people. His wisdom sets him apart from most others.

I would start by reading http://www.mega-genius.com/who_is_he.htm [Broken].

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be quite skeptical to this website. I cannot know if it is contrived or for real, but all the commercial and praise of this man is extremely exaggerated. There exist people with an IQ of over 190, that is certain, but this website is impregnated with bragging and the repetition of his enormous intelligence and how magical and wonderful his talents are seems to be intended to affect the site-visitor so that he/she will eventually buy the cassettes/tapes etc,.

Be wary.

Are you asking me? [?]
A genius is smarter, than just being smart.
I was just asking the question to see if anyone knew, "What you see in 'others' is the truth, as it arises, from within you" or "You will only recognize what you (already) know" so it would be an interesting challenge (sorta) to figure out just how Genius gains it's recognition....like that!

Social Sciences forum for IQ questions

Aren't IQ tests biased?

We are discussing IQ tests over in the Social Sciences forum. If you post your IQ questions there, I will answer them.
https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=85

-Chris

jimmy p
Gold Member
off subject, The Professional, is that Chris Cornell writing for Soundgarden or Audioslave?

Originally posted by Decker
It was meant as a joke :smile:

Originally posted by jimmy p
off subject, The Professional, is that Chris Cornell writing for Soundgarden or Audioslave?
That song was off the soundtrack from Great Expectations. It's an acoustic solo.

Last edited:
Aren't IQ tests biased?

I agree. It can be nice sometimes to be around a dummy. Things aren't so complicated with them.

Ghandi
Emmy Noether
Bobby Sands

Ghandi is perhaps rather a symbol of wisdom and humbleness.

Sometimes I have doubt between deciding who are more intelligent, physicists or mathematicians. I think that physicists are more intelligent, since they need to possess a great creativity. What do you think?

Last edited:
Originally posted by timejim
I agree. It can be nice sometimes to be around a dummy. Things aren't so complicated with them.
So, if I am not that good at taking tests, I am therefore "a dummy" what?? HUH??

May not have had good test scores, but, God Willing, I'll run your head into the ground on complexity....please don't be so assumptive, as it demonstrates a lack of intelligence...(ability to learn)

Originally posted by Thallium
Ghandi
Emmy Noether
Bobby Sands

Ghandi is perhaps rather a symbol of wisdom and humbleness.
I should have considered Mother Theresa, after all, one who lives there life in such a way as to have a guaranteed place in "Heaven", is truly the wisest of the wise. Timejim

Originally posted by NewChange
Mega-genius Jim Diamond has an immeasurable IQ based on all major IQ tests to date. His genius isn't limited to a specific subject but rather everything.

He claims to have a genius formula which I haven't verified. But having read the content on his web-page (http://www.mega-genius.com), I consider him a candidate as one of the smartest people. His wisdom sets him apart from most others.

From the site:
Each 90 minute audio cassette contains two separate lectures, each of which averages some 40 minutes.
In this day and age of cd's and dvd's and other portable media. "Mr. Mega Genius" still sells in the audio cassette format. Not very genius if you ask me. Not to mention very inconvenient and time consuming as you'll have to fast forward and rewind to get to the specific lecture you want to hear.

I only buy whoppers at Burger King

Originally posted by Monique
How do you define smartest person?
And why Stephen Hawking?
Oh, has anyone considered hillary clinton

suji kimoko
link starbureiy is the smartest person in the world

I think a truly intelligent person admits the faults right along with the virtues. Thus, the most intelligent person would know that they were intelligent, but would never brag.

btw, I'm with chroot, Ed Witten is definitely the most intelligent person I know of (and Hawking does kind of suck, IMHO).
Ed Witten is rumormill, no? My pick is the black Einstein Link Starbureiy as the smartest person alive or otherwise. Christopher M Hirata is a close second. Link Starbureiy created a technology and the pixel industry on top of that. EVERYBODY at Caltech makes legend out of Hirata.

How come know has yet mentioned any of the famous savants. I definitely nominated Daniel Tammett. The guy can learn a new language within a week.

Kim Peek

Why?
Two of the primary definitions of 'smart' is knowledgeable, and mentally alert. Kim Peek has to be one of the most mentally alert people I have ever seen, and is a sponge for facts and knowledge. As the video I posted conveys, most people who are labeled as geniuses are usually extremely gifted in one, two, or maybe even three different areas. Kim peek exceeds exceptional in all areas at a dear cost... a sacrifice in conceptualizing and social skills.

Two of the primary definitions of 'smart' is knowledgeable, and mentally alert. Kim Peek has to be one of the most mentally alert people I have ever seen, and is a sponge for facts and knowledge. As the video I posted conveys, most people who are labeled as geniuses are usually extremely gifted in one, two, or maybe even three different areas. Kim peek exceeds exceptional in all areas at a dear cost... a sacrifice in conceptualizing and social skills.
Could be, but is he creative?

Could be, but is he creative?
Staying within the definition of the OPs original question, creativity is not an an aspect of 'smart'. If the question was who is the most creative, Kim Peek would not be a choice.

Staying within the definition of the OPs original question, creativity is not an an aspect of 'smart'. If the question was who is the most creative, Kim Peek would not be a choice.

Why not? I don't think someone who is only able to absorb knowledge and not apply it is very smart.