Who is Your Favorite Mentor? A Poll for Scientists

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Mentor

Who is your favorite mentor?

  • Math Is Hard

    Votes: 35 74.5%
  • MIH

    Votes: 34 72.3%

  • Total voters
    47
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
50 replies · 9K views
AlephZero said:
Which bit of "math is hard" don't you understand :rolleyes:

I don't know, english is hard
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Pythagorean said:
huh... each name has 75% of the votes? that doesn't make sense.

You are allowed to vote for both choices. So far, each has received 27 votes with 36 total voters.
 
Shouldn't we consider [tex]|Math Is Hard\rangle + |MIH\rangle ?[/tex]
 
dlgoff said:
Shouldn't we consider [tex]|Math Is Hard\rangle + |MIH\rangle ?[/tex]

Or

[tex]\frac{1}{\sqrt{2}}|Math Is Hard\rangle + \frac{1}{\sqrt{2}}|MIH\rangle ?[/tex]

:devil:
 
micromass said:
Or

[tex]\frac{1}{\sqrt{2}}|Math Is Hard\rangle + \frac{1}{\sqrt{2}}|MIH\rangle ?[/tex]

:devil:

No hidden variables I guess.
 
There should have been a couple of more choices in the polls. I'm kinda partial to the Hooper, and the Left-Coaster, too.
 
micromass said:
Or

[tex]\frac{1}{\sqrt{2}}|Math Is Hard\rangle + \frac{1}{\sqrt{2}}|MIH\rangle ?[/tex]

:devil:

She's a superposition mentor :eek:!
 
turbo said:
There should have been a couple of more choices in the polls. I'm kinda partial to the Hooper, and the Left-Coaster, too.
Oh, this could have caused a critical shift in votes!

I've been considering other polls that would be of major importance. favorite former Community Service award winning green wood nymph, favorite hot sauce guy from Maine, favorite hairy apelike, shelter dwelling artist...
 
Evo said:
Oh, this could have caused a critical shift in votes!

I've been considering other polls that would be of major importance. favorite former Community Service award winning green wood nymph, favorite hot sauce guy from Maine, favorite hairy apelike, shelter dwelling artist...

:smile:
 
Evo said:
Oh, this could have caused a critical shift in votes!

I've been considering other polls that would be of major importance. favorite former Community Service award winning green wood nymph, favorite hot sauce guy from Maine, favorite hairy apelike, shelter dwelling artist...
"Major" on the level of "major award" in "A Christmas Story"? That's scary! Opening the crate, pulling the award out of the excelsior... it boggles the mind!
 
This poll is a perfect example of a spontaneous, unsolicited conspiracy. :biggrin:
 
Ivan Seeking said:
This poll is a perfect example of a spontaneous, unsolicited conspiracy. :biggrin:
It's completely fair, people that disagree with the choices show their objections by not voting.
 
Evo said:
It's completely fair, people that disagree with the choices simply don't vote.

I mean the outcome of the poll.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
I mean the outcome of the poll.
I've fixed it so that they don't affect the poll outcome. So all is fair, like in a reall poll. :biggrin:
 
Evo said:
I've fixed it so that they don't affect the poll outcome. So all is fair, like in a reall poll. :biggrin:

I am suggesting that the voters are spontaneously conspiring to produce a tie vote.

I know I did! :biggrin:
 
The hek?! Answering this is harder than any of my finals combined! I hope I don't fail. Are there any lifelines here?
 
Jimmy said:
You are allowed to vote for both choices. So far, each has received 27 votes with 36 total voters.

Ah, didn't consider degenerate voting.
 
I voted for MIH, she doesn't seem complicated. :biggrin:
 
drizzle said:
I voted for MIH, she doesn't seem complicated. :biggrin:

Wait until you get to know her better... :rolleyes:
 
MIH is a Texan AND a Californian Girl! I'll bet she is more complicated than she appears on the surface. I wish they all could be California girls...
 
Last edited by a moderator: