Who Should the Democrats choose in '08?

• News
  • Thread starter wasteofo2
  • Start date
In summary: In my opinion, the Democrats should have put more candidates up for the election this past year. Bill Richardson, Joe Biden, John Edwards, and Barack Obama all had chances to run, but failed to win the nomination. I don't think any of these candidates are terrible, but I believe that someone with more experience and a better track record would have been better suited for the job. I feel that the Democrats should have stuck to their message and nominated someone who matched that, instead of going for a more moderate or electable candidate.

Who should the Democrats choose in '08

• Total voters
I like Bayh (sounds good, doesn't it?) for two reasons. One, he was a successful Governer of a state with both farms and heavy industry, something no other recent dem candidate can match, and two, because my late wife baby sat him when she was in college.

Physics news on Phys.org
woah, can i have your signature if he becomes the president? a humble request..

selfAdjoint said:
I like Bayh (sounds good, doesn't it?) for two reasons. One, he was a successful Governer of a state with both farms and heavy industry, something no other recent dem candidate can match, and two, because my late wife baby sat him when she was in college.
Can any CANDIDATE in general even be said to have been a SUCESSFUL governor? Clinton and Bush were both pretty big failures as far as governorship goes (we went from 49th to 48th, hurray!).

The games are on! In a recent address to a Japanese audience, Bill Clinton endorsed Hillary (imagine that). And though I do not watch FOX News, I saw this on a pro-Bush site:

Friday, March 4, 2005 8:55 a.m. EST
McCain: Hillary Won't Be President
Prospective 2008 presidential candidate Sen. John McCain said Tuesday that he doubts Hillary Clinton can win enough votes nationwide to reclaim the White House in the next presidential race.

"I don't believe that Senator Clinton will be president of the United States," McCain told the Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes."