Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who uses neutron moisture meters?

1. Feb 21, 2008 #1
    Does anybody in PF-land use neutron moisture meters - the ones with Am-241/Be sources that probe into holes in the ground? If so, do you have a regime for regular wipe testing and leak testing? I am interested to find out if there are any cases of a wipe test result that showed contamination.

Chris

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 13, 2008 #2
    the U.S. NRC website has publicly available documents which address this. use the basic search function on their site for "density gauge" and check out the inspections and events links...

4. Jul 29, 2011 #3
    I have had this question for a while now and have yet to find a reply. I'm interested in finding out how much moisture is going through a concrete floor that is on the end of my home. So my question is, where can I get a test? I did a little research and discovered a place that has a calcium chloride test but I would like a review if anyone has used it, and also I would like to know how to use it!
    Thank you for any reply.

5. Jul 29, 2011 #4

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Just for the future, please don't reply in threads that are several years old. Starting a new one and linking to this one would be more acceptable.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?