Why are tuition fees so high in the US and UK compared to other countries?

  • Thread starter Thread starter chound
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 9K views
Through some standardized test we have in Arizona (AIMS test), my tuition will be waived for 4 years if I decide to attend the University of Arizona. UA has already offered me 6 thousand a year, which would be enough to pay for my dorm and meal plan or books. I've been working more than 30 hours a week (usually about 36) since Thanksgiving. At the rate I am saving my money, I will have around 7 thousand saved up by start of the semester next year. That's more than enough for miscellaneous living expenses...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Penn State is the most expensive public school in the country. About $14,000 per year compared to about $3,000 for Florida or Florida State.

Its all free to me so i'll go as long as possible!
less real world living the better

Its only $3,000 with room and board and tuition?
shiza, my book are more than that hah j/k
.
 
If you are interested in Art, Architecture, or Engineering and want to be in NYC, you might want to look into http://www.cooper.edu/administration/about/Welcome.html
While the tuition is very low, the cost-of-living probably won't be.
 
Last edited by a moderator: