Why can't I add funds to PayPal from a credit card?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
36 replies · 7K views
The reason Paypal wants you to add a bank account is for verification of who you are. Once you add an account they will put a few cents in over a week time period, then you check with your bank and tell paypal the amounts they deposited. As far as I know, Paypal only acts as a link between your bank account and online purchases and your credit card, It acts as a shield protecting your information from the people you are buying from. They are a trusted business- You can deposit money from your Paypal into your bank account and vice versa but, they do not take anything without you telling them to do so. Paypal will only take money from the money already in the Paypal account and from a back up funding source such as a credit card. They do not take anything without you telling them to do so.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Anyway, it turns out, last year, I'd already added a credit card to my account. My purchase went through like poo through a goose. I would never have even tried it without NeoDevin's suggestion.
 
I have paypal linked to my bank account. I am not worried about it.
 
Cyrus said:
I have paypal linked to my bank account. I am not worried about it.
You prob'ly don't share a bank account...