Why Can't Primary Lithium Batteries Be Developed as Secondary Batteries?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MissP.25_5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Battery Lithium
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
MissP.25_5
Messages
329
Reaction score
0
Why can't primary lithium batteries (that are not lithium IONS) be developed as secondary batteries?
Can someone explain this to me?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
MissP.25_5 said:
Why can't primary lithium batteries (that are not lithium IONS) be developed as secondary batteries?
Can someone explain this to me?

I can't address your specific query. But for what it's worth, I recall that the first commercial lithium AA rechargeables were soon taken off the market due to patchy reliability and some exploding. They were not Li-ions, and I think it was an Israeli manufacturer. Tadiran, if I'm not mistaken.

I don't know, but maybe there is some connection between that and your question. :smile: