Why do people install loud subwoofers in their cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter leroyjenkens
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cars
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
40 replies · 12K views
leroyjenkens said:
Your little switcheroo would make sense if I was breaking the law somehow.
You're still in denial. s'OK. It's not for me to straighten you out.

leroyjenkens said:
You think you can just blast your music to glass shattering levels just because it's not past 11:00 PM? Think again.
http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/1642336.html

OK, wait a minute. So you're claiming that, in one case, an existing law does not apply to you, yet here, your case is built upon a non-existent law that may be put into place, someday.

Oh come on. Do you not know when to stop digging? :rolleyes:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The solution is to equip my car with a sound system that will assault the subwoofer crowd as much, or more, than their subwoofers assault my sensitive ears.

The plan is to equip my car with speakers that will output a steady 17.4 kHz frequency at 165 dB. I'll be completely immune to this audio assault since this a frequency only young people and dogs can hear.

Everytime I hear a subwoofer, I turn on my anti-subwoofer. The driver of the subwoofer car maintains a very, very large distance between his car and mine since the mosquito-like buzz is driving him insane.

Hmmm, the drawback (or benefit, depending on how you look at it) is that the city's entire population of stray dogs will commit suicide within a month.

Okay, a second drawback is that parents will have no idea why their small children are crying in the backseat, but small children should be strapped into carseats and will be unable to commit suicide.
 
Last edited:
You're still in denial. s'OK. It's not for me to straighten you out.
I'm explaining how this situation is different from the other one. You don't get to change reality just so you can have that joke.
OK, wait a minute. So you're claiming that, in one case, an existing law does not apply to you, yet here, your case is built upon a non-existent law that may be put into place, someday.
What law did I say doesn't apply to me?

And the link I posted at the beginning tells about a law that's in existence that's being extended from 100 feet to 25 feet. It says there's already a law in place, just that the new one is more strict.
 
leroyjenkens said:
I'm explaining how this situation is different from the other one. You don't get to change reality just so you can have that joke.

What law did I say doesn't apply to me?
You're claiming this situation is different because you claim you aren't breaking the law by cruising in the left lane. I pointed you to a law that says otherwise. So you were breaking the law. Pretending it doesn't apply to you is not a valid defense, thus the source of the common phrase "ignorance of the law is no excuse".
leroyjenkens said:
the new one is more strict.
Not yet it isn't.

Still, you're using a proposed law as your case here yet in a similar situation you're ignoring an existing law.

C'mon buddy, you're nailed.
 
leroyjenkens said:
What a blight on society. Everybody hates them and the people who have them, except of course the people who have them.
I have some neighbors who just moved in next door and the FIRST thing they do is turn the music on in their car. All you can hear is thumping and rattling of their trunks, so it's not music. I don't know how long people will put up with this before cops get called. This was a quiet neighborhood. They're not playing it that loud, but that bass is really annoying. I'd rather hear the actual crappy music their playing than to hear just the thumping.
Why do they do it? They either don't care or they don't know any better. I'm betting it's both. They don't know any better, but even if they did, they wouldn't care.

I didn't realize that GD was such a dumping ground these days. Is whining all that you do? Or have you got any other tricks?
 
I won't lie, I kind of like the skin crawling feeling you get with really deep base. I don't like the sound of the sides of the car rattling louder than the music. If you are going to put in really loud base, you should have to go through and tighten and dampen every point where metal is in contact with metal. This is what makes it so annoying when a junker has a loud system. The car rattles so hard you think parts are going to fly off.

I don't have the loud base because I don't feel like taking my car apart to keep it from rattling.
 
Saladsamurai said:
I didn't realize that GD was such a dumping ground these days. Is whining all that you do? Or have you got any other tricks?
Ouch.:-p I had the same thought but deleted it before pressing send.
 
PF can do what the Flat Earthers web site did and have a ranting section. They really needed one.
 
You're claiming this situation is different because you claim you aren't breaking the law by cruising in the left lane. I pointed you to a law that says otherwise. So you were breaking the law. Pretending it doesn't apply to you is not a valid defense, thus the source of the common phrase "ignorance of the law is no excuse".
It was proven in the other thread that I am not breaking the law.
Not yet it isn't.

Still, you're using a proposed law as your case here yet in a similar situation you're ignoring an existing law.

C'mon buddy, you're nailed.
The law IS existing. You keep ignoring that part.
And again, I'm not nailed, since I wasn't breaking the law.

Sometimes I think you're living on a different planet, in your head, where you're the king of the world.
I didn't realize that GD was such a dumping ground these days. Is whining all that you do? Or have you got any other tricks?
Dumping grounds for posts like yours? Apparently.
I'm expressing disapproval of something. You evidently don't like me, so you childishly call it whining. Your basis for whether something is whining or not is conditional on if you like the person.
If these people were your neighbors, you'd know how I feel. But since they're not, you can tell me how I should feel. You're not me, so you don't care until it happens to you.
Since all I do is whine, that means you could post the other threads I've made, whining about something else? Should be easy, since all my posts are whining. But then you could just post anything and call it whining, since you obviously use words haphazardly without any care about the actual meaning.

But thanks for the constructive criticism. Thanks for taking the time away from inventing stuff, solving problems and helping people, to type out that important message.
I won't lie, I kind of like the skin crawling feeling you get with really deep base. I don't like the sound of the sides of the car rattling louder than the music. If you are going to put in really loud base, you should have to go through and tighten and dampen every point where metal is in contact with metal. This is what makes it so annoying when a junker has a loud system. The car rattles so hard you think parts are going to fly off.

I don't have the loud base because I don't feel like taking my car apart to keep it from rattling.
You actually like hearing loud bass? That's a new one.
I hate it. I can feel it in my chest. It's an intrusion and needs to be banned.
For a while I was skeptical that there was even music playing along with the bass. There is, but the music doesn't travel far. The bass, however, travels VERY far, so that's all I hear from it.
People can play their music because that's their right. But playing it too loud infringes on other people's rights.
There's nothing positive that comes from subwoofers being so loud. And there's no logical reason to have them cranked up all the way to accompany the music. It drowns out the music and makes everyone around you hate you.
Cops need to crack down on that.
 
Really?

You just HAD to ressurect this thread? HAve they been doing it again or something?.