Why Does My Car's Fuel Gauge Show False Readings on Hills?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
daynial
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
hello
i am new here. I am facing a problem in fuel gauge that when i drive for a long time on hills it start to show false value. I decided to solve this problem i have a gyro and known resistance from fuel tank of my car and now i want to have true value all the time please help me with it or suggest any other method.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

How about this? http://www.sensorsmag.com/sensors/leak-level/a-dozen-ways-measure-fluid-level-and-how-they-work-1067

You should do your own research before posting questions here.

Edit: In addition to the dozen methods above, l should mention the most reliable of all methods. I use it on my boat -- the sight gauge.

MCA_B133M.jpg