Why don't galaxies obey gravity?

In summary, the galaxy rotation curve does not follow the gravitational law that applies in our solar system. This is because the matter in the galaxy is distributed differently than in our solar system, with more mass located in the globular clusters and high-speed stars.
mfb said:
@OnlyMe: It is an order of magnitude estimate, a factor 2 more or less doesn't matter.

Can we please keep 10-20 effects of general relativity out of a [B]-level thread? It is beyond the scope, and it is utterly negligible anyway.
So I think what he's asking about (I've been thinking about it also, which is why I asked about the math. Thanks btw) is wether or not spacetime can "rotate" around a galaxy. This would be in addition to the frame dragging. I figure people smarter than me (Not a high bar) have considered this. It seems it could change the expected orbital velocity of stars.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
BenAS said:
So I think what he's asking about (I've been thinking about it also, which is why I asked about the math. Thanks btw) is wether or not spacetime can "rotate" around a galaxy. This would be in addition to the frame dragging. I figure people smarter than me (Not a high bar) have considered this. It seems it could change the expected orbital velocity of stars.

mfb is right in pointing out that my question and discussion is beyond the scope of a B level thread. Perhaps even an A level discussion.